POSITIVE THINGS ABOUT DUCKS :) !!!

ummm.. yea they can swim when they are babies.. just supervise them..
smile.png
this sounds great! i cant wait to get my eggs! i got the incubator all stabalized and ready to go.. now i just hve to do the waiting game... thats gonna be a loooooooong 28 days..wow.. i can hardley wait for the cuteness! omg.. soo awesome.

Yup they can swim from as young as a day old but if you are teaching them yourself in water you need to make sure they have a way to get out of the water by themselves because they get tired really quickly and will drown pretty quickly too!

ok so here is my next question.. what do u think in your oppinoin... is the best all around breed of duck.. quietest best egg layer prettiest , bestest duck ever??

They are fun to just sit and watch if you have a pond or something to act as a pond!
When I get home all mine go crazy and do not stop until I go around back and spend some time back there. They will chase and eat about any bug you through to them and will have a blast with worms!

I don't think you are ever going to get all of the best qualities in one breed of duck. You have to pick what your top priority is.

Maybe try a mixed flock of 1. good layers 2. prettiest (in your opinion) 3. least noisy

I wanted runner ducks really bad. Now that I have a few, I've realized that I don't like their personalities as much as I like rouens. (That is my personality doesn't mesh with them as well, that might not be true in your case).

Mine are Muscovys - some folk think they're ugly - I think they're cute, and they are the quietest duck, and pretty darn good at catching bugs.

Friendly, personable.
Have cleared an ugly weed out of my pond, they think it is delicious.
Eat lots of slugs.
Forage for much of their food, eat less than chickens.
I love walking out to lock up the chickens at 10pm, seeing the ducks hanging out in their pool in the night enclosure chatting to each other in the moonlight.

Positive about ducks....

sitting in the shade and watching them splash their hearts out in the pond.

Feeding them out of your hand after they watch you take care of the weeding, watering, the chicks.

Watching them follow the chicks around.

Listening to them quack at ever car that stops by the house.

Watching them jump into the pond when someone enters the yard.

*(not much of a watch duck are they)

Having them sneak up on you when you are working and quack for more food.

Back
Top Bottom