Possible Angel Wing??

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bleenie, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I know I should be posting this is 'Geese' but it takes so long to get a response there and I am worried about ma lil goose [​IMG]
    He is starting to get in his big boy feathers and today I noticed that his left side set of pin/blood feathers(for his flights) are sticking kind of out & up? Could this be the start of Angel Wing?

Pictures of Magoo's wing (named because i am always calling him ma goose, so original! [​IMG] )

2. aduckstolemyheart

aduckstolemyheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    My ducks feathers starting coming in just like that, and at first, I worried too. When they grew out though, they were perfectly fine. So I don't think it for sure means angel wing. I would give it a bit and see how they look after the feathers come through. If it still looks weird, repost here. Or wrap the wing.

ETA: Cute Goose, btw!
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  3. aineheartsyou

aineheartsyou Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Dixie, WA
    Peepers feathers started coming in just like that! her wings turned out fine though. [​IMG] i would still keep a close eye on it but try to not worry too much
  4. destinduck

destinduck obsessed with "ducks"

Mar 20, 2008
    Bleenie. So far normal growth, No Problems at all. [​IMG]
  5. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Thank you guys so much. [​IMG] i am getting some paper med. tape today just in case i do have to wrap it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by