possible drowning!!

Hodgkins4

Hatching
6 Years
May 25, 2013
ugh, my husband put a mini water pool in for my ducks, 3 month old chicken fell into the pool....it had its eyes open, i scooped her out, immediately got a blanket and started rubbing her vigorusly and retrieved the heating lamp where shes currently warming up....i don't know if shes dead, in shock or hypothermia....if she shows no signs of life....well i guess shes gone :(

I am sorry i hope you chicken recovers. Make sure you have a ramp of some sort that the ducks can use to get out of the pool if they fall in. Depending how deep you can you bricks or a ramps of some sort. This will help chickens out too if the pool is shallow but maybe you will need to keep the chickens away from the pool.

Last edited:
Thanks for that advice, I'm a first time duck owner.....my poor chick didn't make it:( both water pools have been completely emptied and removed...Trying to figure out what to do, I'm thinking of drilling holes in the pool at a certain height in addition to adding the ramp and rocks? Feedback anyone? I do not want any further deaths, that was just horrible.

Back
Top Bottom