Possible Egg Bound / Soft Egg Situation - Need Guidance

Morning updates:

I checked in on her just a bit ago and she had pooped a few times! They look pretty normal to me (pics attached). I gave her one calcium pill as suggested and she ate a little food. She seemed a bit lethargic still and was in her crate (video attached). I figured I would let her outside a bit and see if she perked up. She seemed a lot better outside. Second video is just a few minutes after the first one. She is walking around and pecking around. She even found a slug and ate it.

I am wondering if she might be home free? At least for the near term? If there was solid poop, does that mean there is no blockage or binding? Could she just be getting over the first egg binding experience from the previous night?

Pictures include just a regular pic of Sabrina, tried to highlight vent area as well. It’s not crazy swollen or anything now, she definitely does not like that area touched now though (feathers are a bit messy from the baths). Poop pics included.

In Box Video:

Shortly After Outside:

EDIT/UPDATE:

After pecking around for a bit outside she resumed her sitting posture / eye closing routine. Could this be just fatigue? Should I continue epsom baths, or just stick to calcium tablets and see if she perks up naturally?

2237D923-4D6E-459E-A0FF-A7902799F2A4.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8593.jpeg
    IMG_8593.jpeg
    459.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8597.jpeg
    IMG_8597.jpeg
    572.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8600.jpeg
    IMG_8600.jpeg
    832.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8602.jpeg
    IMG_8602.jpeg
    898.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_8601.jpeg
    IMG_8601.jpeg
    875.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Morning updates:

I checked in on her just a bit ago and she had pooped a few times! They look pretty normal to me (pics attached). I gave her one calcium pill as suggested and she ate a little food. She seemed a bit lethargic still and was in her crate (video attached). I figured I would let her outside a bit and see if she perked up. She seemed a lot better outside. Second video is just a few minutes after the first one. She is walking around and pecking around. She even found a slug and ate it.

I am wondering if she might be home free? At least for the near term? If there was solid poop, does that mean there is no blockage or binding? Could she just be getting over the first egg binding experience from the previous night?

Pictures include just a regular pic of Sabrina, tried to highlight vent area as well. It’s not crazy swollen or anything now, she definitely does not like that area touched now though (feathers are a bit messy from the baths). Poop pics included.

In Box Video:

Shortly After Outside:

EDIT/UPDATE:

After pecking around for a bit outside she resumed her sitting posture / eye closing routine. Could this be just fatigue? Should I continue epsom baths, or just stick to calcium tablets and see if she perks up naturally?

View attachment 3688459
I would continue everything you're doing. Keep up the calcium, and epsom salt baths. It's a good sign she pooped, and they look good. Hopefully she pulls through!

Happy thanksgiving! Quick update - Sabrina seems to be behaving way better. I put her back with her flock mates and she seems to be a lot happier. Eating and pooping normally.

I am continuing to do the calcium pill each day. Will let you know if anything pops up, but I think we’re home free at least for the immediate future.

Thanks for all the advice and replies - definitely helped ease a stressful situation.

Happy thanksgiving! Quick update - Sabrina seems to be behaving way better. I put her back with her flock mates and she seems to be a lot happier. Eating and pooping normally.

I am continuing to do the calcium pill each day. Will let you know if anything pops up, but I think we’re home free at least for the immediate future.

Thanks for all the advice and replies - definitely helped ease a stressful situation.
I'm glad to hear she's doing better.
Thank you for the update.

Back
Top Bottom