Possible EYP not sure if I should treat for infection or just make comfortable...

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help and support. I think I’ll wait a day or two.

I’ve currently got my girl separated but it’s stressing her a bit. Do you think it’s necessary?
No....I would put her back.
Stress kills.
Stress can actually make her worse.

For the future the only real reason to separate is if someone is getting picked on while they are ill/hurt.

Baytril is the best antibiotic for what you are dealing with, either internal laying, impacted oviduct, or salpingitis. They are all related and usually egg yolk peritonitis is the end product. It treats E.coli, mycoplasma, and other bacteria. Baytril is banned in chickens, but since she isn’t laying eggs for you and you will probably not want to eat the meat, it would be your best bet to extend her life. Now, if she doesn’t start eating and drinking, it may not help. You can get it here for $23 for a 100 ml bottle of 10% generic Baytril ( enrofloxacin.) I got some for a total of $31 with shipping and tax. Dosage is 0.05 ml per pound twice a day for 5 days. https://www.jedds.com/shop/misc/

Baytril is the best antibiotic for what you are dealing with, either internal laying, impacted oviduct, or salpingitis. They are all related and usually egg yolk peritonitis is the end product. It treats E.coli, mycoplasma, and other bacteria. Baytril is banned in chickens, but since she isn’t laying eggs for you and you will probably not want to eat the meat, it would be your best bet to extend her life. Now, if she doesn’t start eating and drinking, it may not help. You can get it here for $23 for a 100 ml bottle of 10% generic Baytril ( enrofloxacin.) I got some for a total of $31 with shipping and tax. Dosage is 0.05 ml per pound twice a day for 5 days. https://www.jedds.com/shop/misc/
Thank you so much for this information and the links below. I appreciate the link to the baytril as well. Y’all are a wellspring of information here. I may get some of this just to have on hand.

Back
Top Bottom