Possible Gender Please šŸ˜ž

YogaMom

Chirping
May 7, 2021
Hello. We purchased these with the typical "90% pullet" . I had 2 people in a Brahma group tell me that 100% my brahma and Orpington are Roos. The chance we take but we cant keep a roo if its true. Please give input

Attachments

• IMG_1027.jpg
    IMG_1027.jpg
    515.1 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_1020.jpg
    IMG_1020.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1019.jpg
    IMG_1019.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1017.jpg
    IMG_1017.jpg
    449.1 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1026.jpg
    IMG_1026.jpg
    550.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1025.jpg
    IMG_1025.jpg
    538.4 KB · Views: 20
They sure look like pullets to me at this point. An odd feather here or there in a juvenile is much less significant than comb growth or clear saddle feather spikes.

Buff Orps and Brahmas mature a bit slower, so you should still watch and wait...but again those sure look like pullets to me.

My thoughts.
LofMc

They sure look like pullets to me at this point. An odd feather here or there in a juvenile is much less significant than comb growth or clear saddle feather spikes.

Buff Orps and Brahmas mature a bit slower, so you should still watch and wait...but again those sure look like pullets to me.

My thoughts.
LofMc
True they are like silkies, which tend to mature slower and I have never had brahmas good to have another person think the same. :)

This is our first time owning chickens. Funny that since the EE had a tail when we got them we were thinking she was a he šŸ˜

Some Brahma breeders notice a difference in the tail feathers...males growing with shorter tail feathers while females have pointier. But, Brahmas are not auto-sexing, so the differences would be subjective and not totally accurate.

More important is the comb. Here is a photo I clipped from a Brahma post from Beckyhsinglsc that shows the difference of combs at 6 weeks.

1620437663279.png

Back
Top Bottom