Possible hatchlings?? Help! Advice?!

Pics
So another question- I told you I’d have A lot! 😝 speaking of fowl pox, avian colds etc… should I get my chicks vaccinated for anything? Ie: fowl pox, marek’s… if so how do I go about that? Is it something I can buy OTC? Do I need a vet prescription? At what age do they get vaccinated?

So another question- I told you I’d have A lot! 😝 speaking of fowl pox, avian colds etc… should I get my chicks vaccinated for anything? Ie: fowl pox, marek’s… if so how do I go about that? Is it something I can buy OTC? Do I need a vet prescription? At what age do they get vaccinated?
Okay, i would personally, its smart to do that to prevent that thing :) I beileve i read somewhere over 6 weeks, but honestly id do 8+ to be safe. i think you go to a vet that does it for chickens, or anyway, Thats how its done here.

Hi
I don’t know much about fowl pox, but @FluffyLambs is dealing/or has been dealing with this, maybe she could help 🙂

All I can really say is that my chicks had dry pox, which is not fatal (except if it gets over their eyes and they can't see food and water) and most of them that had it, it is falling off, praise the Lord.

All I can really say is that my chicks had dry pox, which is not fatal (except if it gets over their eyes and they can't see food and water) and most of them that had it, it is falling off, praise the Lord.
Yes, it isnt fatal, wet stuff is much worse! its just stressful for your chickens and like any disease causes harm. Make sure they dont eat it or anything once it falls off or it will start again!

Back
Top Bottom