Possible lash egg?

azimmerli

Hatching
Jun 11, 2021
Hello, all!

Long time follower, first time poster.

I have a 2-year-old Golden Comet in a cage in chicken hospital, and could use some help. She is barely eating or drinking, and she seems pretty weak and a bit lethargic. She has been passing very small droppings, wet, possibly bloody, with yellow urates. I know she has worms (just discovered them last night). She hasn’t laid an egg in some time, definitely more than a week.

This evening I noticed some... chunks... in her cage. Then she passed what I thought was a good poo (without urates), until I picked it up. Hard, solid, and not feces. Photo attached!

She has had Wazine in her water since last night, and I have some Amtyl on the way (in case the yellow urates are an infection), but I’m at a loss. Any thoughts? My farm vet retired, so I am on my own here.

Attachments

• DB7AC1E4-BA82-43B8-92B1-710A30D2CEB0.jpeg
    DB7AC1E4-BA82-43B8-92B1-710A30D2CEB0.jpeg
    508 KB · Views: 9
Welcome to BYC, sorry your hen is sick. That does look like lash egg, so I'm gonna guess she has a pretty serious reproductive tract infection. Any chance you can get some Baytril? For this type of infection, Baytril is the best choice.

Welcome to BYC, sorry your hen is sick. That does look like lash egg, so I'm gonna guess she has a pretty serious reproductive tract infection. Any chance you can get some Baytril? For this type of infection, Baytril is the best choice.
I might be able to. My choices are limited, but I’ll see if I can source some. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom