Possible Move

you are very rarely that u are snow in or loose power up there because the city n county take good care of there winter roads by snow plowing n put down salt or sand down too. they do have good power station up

like down in ark they closed everything down if they have 4inch of snow

Kentucky has lots of nice properties & houses for sale...
big_smile.png

Mik, I really do understand how hard it is to move away from a place you love. The older I get the harder it is when it comes up. But you are just beginning your journey on earth. There are going to be so many more surprises ahead for you!!! You seem to have the right attitude about the move - where the money is, is where you go. Gotta make a living! Look at each change in your life as a blessing and lesson, even if you don't recognize what the lesson is. Someday you will sittin there and it will smack you upside the head - OH YEAH, now I get it!!!!

Congrats!!!!

Try landsof(whateverstate).com

www. landsofTX.com , etc. They have had sites for every state we've moved to so far. Realtor.com is great, too. The thing we ran into in TX was that some smaller businesses wouldn't put rural places on realtor because they figured most people are looking for homes there (and they have to pay to put up more pictures, etc., there) but they would put them on the landsof site because, obviously, if you're looking there, you want land and maybe a home to go with it.

I do not think banks will loan you the money for mortgages if you are starting out. Probably rent for awhile until the bank is comfortable about lending you the money.

Banks are getting stricter and harder to get loans now. However it is a buyer's market!

Good luck and hope you will LOVE the state....a few relatives of mine LOVE the state, so many trees and old history behind it.

Quote:
You're coming here!!! You're coming here!!!!!!!!!!

Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can hook you up with a realtor in PA or NJ if you like

I'm from NJ - the snow is brutal

What kind of work is he looking for?

Quote:
EweSheep, why would the bank not lend the money? I mean, I understand the "trust" and "credit" aspects of it, but we've been renting from apartment complexes for years now. Is it because we won't be renting from a local apartment? How would one go about renting a property like that until the bank is comfortable with lending the mortgage money?

jerseygirl, he's an electrical engineer. We won't be moving THAT far up north....

Whether the bank will loan money or not doesn't depend on whether a person only rented or not, at least not just that - many renters get home loans. They look at the credit record - were credit card payments made on time, are there any debts, was bankruptcy ever declared, etc. But with hubby being an electrical engineer, that is such a solid field that it looks very very good. They look at income and how big of a percentage of one's earnings would go to the mortgage payment. They look at how big a down payment you have and many other things.

It is not impossible for a renter to get a home loan. There are some efforts now by the banks to encourage home purchases, and a lot of properties for sale at low prices. It is a darn good time to buy. Some areas that some people might be moving to, especially.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom