Possible Move

Quote:
EweSheep, why would the bank not lend the money? I mean, I understand the "trust" and "credit" aspects of it, but we've been renting from apartment complexes for years now. Is it because we won't be renting from a local apartment? How would one go about renting a property like that until the bank is comfortable with lending the mortgage money?

jerseygirl, he's an electrical engineer. We won't be moving THAT far up north....

'You'd be surprised how easy it is to get from PA to NJ to NY - or from NY to PA, very easy

He should not have a problem getting a job anywhere on the east cost

What's that your moving North? Woo Hoo. Ya know CT is a pretty nice state and you'll be close to NY/NJ. You also have to realize that the cost of living is bit higher up here and the prices of farms can be more also.
Here is a great site. www.landandfarm.com
Also take a look at www.wheelabratortechnologies.com this is the company that I work for. They have plants along the East coast great company to work for and they will do training for things.

Well when I got a home loan, they told me they would not give me a loan even I was at my job for a couple of months unless my father co sign the loan for me, which he did. So I thought if you moved, got a job elsewhere even you have a very good credit like I did, you would not get a loan because you did not work for that company long enough for them to decide if you are "stable" enough to get a loan. The way the ecomony, the banks were very leery about someone taking on a new job and asking for a mortgage, they would look at your history but they also look how long you have been employed with that company.

I am sure each and every bank is different, in our case it was the credit union and local bank that refused the loan unless I have a cosigner.

Quote:
I am certain she is having him in a suitcase "Go East or Bust" sign on it!
lol.png

Hey Ropo! Hit me up if you are ever in the NJ area. I live in Northern NJ and go to school in the southern part. I can show you some real awesome areas! You might wanna check out the areas near the Delaware Water Gap on the border of PA. There is quite a bit for sale out here now and the prices are pretty low. We have some awesome horse country in Warren and Sussex counties. If you are looking for properties in southern jersey, I'd suggest Salem county, but there is actually quite a bit of farmland all over the state. They don't call us the Garden State for nothing!

I'm not as familiar with PA, but there are some beautiful places out there as well. Jobs might be a bit more difficult to come by though. Once good thing about New Jersey is we still have a good number of jobs open and available.

Let me know if you want my cell number. I can PM it to you. Good luck in your search! It is definitely a buyers market.

Quote:
Also try: trulia.com. It is a wonderful home for sale website. I am realtor, if you are thinking of Bond, Fayette, Montgomery, Clinton and part of Madison County in Illinois, PM me I will help you!!!!
smile.png

We are going to have so many foreclosures, some with acreage within the next year, you will get a terrific buy here.

Quote:
Usually, (I am a realtor) they want you to be at your job no less than 6 months. Even if you have changed jobs, and its the same "type" of job, they will combine them and make it look as if you have had the same job all along. We have fantastic loan officers around here, but they are at the mercy of this new gov. rules and regulations and it stinks for them and buyers sometimes.

Quote:
I am certain she is having him in a suitcase "Go East or Bust" sign on it!
lol.png

We're getting the truck and trailer with a loan....
big_smile.png
He is going with me...or ELSE!
big_smile.png
Along with all my birds!

Back
Top Bottom