Possible Move

Fun questions:

Are we supposed to pay the down payment by ourselves or will the bank cover that with a loan?

If we have co-signers will that help the bank loan us the money?

Sorry, just trying to get as much information as possible before I look like a complete moron when questioning the terms of loans.

EweSheep, you laugh...just wait...we were supposed to make this trip in January!
wink.png
Decided to wait until May!
big_smile.png

Quote:
REALTOR - without a doubt - rent with an option!!
I can't find my realtors website, but any realtor will refer you to someone who can help in the area you are looking for
They all network

Sorry to resurrect, but trying to see if anyone has any leads otherwise I think we're gonna have to get a realtor. Darn...I was hoping to do it all ourselves, but without one to narrow down exactly what we want...there's simply nothing out there. We want at least 5 acres, at least 2 bed (prefer 3 for when kiddos do come). We don't have to have "perfection" because we'd like to do some fixing up...

Just flustrating...

This along with looking for trucks/trailers is just a blast. Too much to do and not enough time to do it in I suppose.

I'd like to rent with option, but doubt that's going to happen because of my birds and horse. (Who in their right mind would rent their property to people with lots of animals?)

Watch the ads for rentals in the local newspaper in the area that you are moving to. You will have the best chances of finding what you are looking for by finding a landlord with just a single property for rent. A LL like that will have the most flexible terms about pets. You may find the ads online, if not you may have to subscribe for a short time to the newspaper. I found a couple of rentals by this method. You may have to be very quick with a response, because if it is a good deal it will go very fast. The one time that we moved across state we had a short term apartment for the first 2 and a half months. It can take time to find the right place. It may be possible with the economy that you can find someone that would be willing to rent to own.

Best wishes on your future.

I like using howard hanna web page(pa) and united country(national) to look at homes.

Best wishes!

If you are still looking in E PA, NJ - depending on what part i.e. how far north I can maybe help. I live in the PA section near the NY/NJ borders. I have a couple friends that are realtors in NJ, but honestly taxes in NJ are OUTRAGEOUS....so if the job is close to or in PA, its often worth it to have the lower taxes but some commuting costs. If you want to PM me I'd be happy to give you more info about this area, if that's where your considering. I grew up in NJ, so did my husband, we've lived in PA for 8 years.

Back
Top Bottom