Possible Mycoplasma in flock?

Hensinarow

In the Brooder
Jun 8, 2020
It can affect just one eye. If you have pictures that can be helpful. Do you see bubbles or foam or a watery eye?

It’s spreading fast through my flock (by the end of the day, a new hen has it). If you go to my posts you will read more in depth information, but here are pics and answers below: thank you for your prompt reply!!!!

1)
It can affect just one eye. If you have pictures that can be helpful. Do you see bubbles or foam or a watery eye?

It’s spreading fast through my flock (by the end of the day, a new hen has it). If you go to my posts you will read more in depth information, but here are pics and answers below: thank you for your prompt reply!!!!

1) no bubbles, foam/ no coughing or sneezing.
5784600F-067F-41A3-AB1D-8912DAB48C65.jpeg

2) tiny bubbles and worm like thing (no pus or smell). She usually breathes with her mouth open. We used vetericyn and it definitely helped
DC6EFC26-D177-4A6C-995F-CF55FD596184.jpeg

3) just yesterday developed and looks poor

38A1B3A3-E4D2-4B67-AE4E-5CFEECDB8EF5.jpeg

Eggcessive

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
Apr 3, 2011
southern Ohio
You can close your flock and treat with expensive antibiotics, or cull your flock as Dawg53 said, but if you lose or cull a sick bird, you can send in a body to your state vet for a necropsy. That will give you answers on what the disease is. Here is a list of state vets and how to preserve the body to send it in:
https://www.metzerfarms.com/PoultryLabs.cfm

Top Bottom