Possible Mycoplasma in flock?

It can affect just one eye. If you have pictures that can be helpful. Do you see bubbles or foam or a watery eye?

It’s spreading fast through my flock (by the end of the day, a new hen has it). If you go to my posts you will read more in depth information, but here are pics and answers below: thank you for your prompt reply!!!!

1)
It can affect just one eye. If you have pictures that can be helpful. Do you see bubbles or foam or a watery eye?

It’s spreading fast through my flock (by the end of the day, a new hen has it). If you go to my posts you will read more in depth information, but here are pics and answers below: thank you for your prompt reply!!!!

1) no bubbles, foam/ no coughing or sneezing.
5784600F-067F-41A3-AB1D-8912DAB48C65.jpeg

2) tiny bubbles and worm like thing (no pus or smell). She usually breathes with her mouth open. We used vetericyn and it definitely helped
DC6EFC26-D177-4A6C-995F-CF55FD596184.jpeg

3) just yesterday developed and looks poor

38A1B3A3-E4D2-4B67-AE4E-5CFEECDB8EF5.jpeg

You can close your flock and treat with expensive antibiotics, or cull your flock as Dawg53 said, but if you lose or cull a sick bird, you can send in a body to your state vet for a necropsy. That will give you answers on what the disease is. Here is a list of state vets and how to preserve the body to send it in:
https://www.metzerfarms.com/PoultryLabs.cfm

Back
Top Bottom