Possible niacin deficiency

0iseau

Chirping
Apr 7, 2021
One of my ducks, Yoda, was niacin deficient as a duckling. We quickly corrected it with niacin rich foods and adding a niacin supplement to their food.
She started laying a couple weeks ago and is now exhibiting signs of a niacin deficiency once more (turned in feet). Nothing in their diet has changed, so could this be an affect of the egg laying?
The eggs themselves have been fine. Even the very first eggs have not had any imperfections - all smooth, properly sized, and hard shelled. With 3 ducks I get 1-2 eggs a day and can typically guess which duck will lay based on their body. Yoda seems to lay once a day with the occasional every other day.

I'll be picking up some oyster and switching my girls to a laying feed.
Is there anything else I should do?

One of my ducks, Yoda, was niacin deficient as a duckling. We quickly corrected it with niacin rich foods and adding a niacin supplement to their food.
She started laying a couple weeks ago and is now exhibiting signs of a niacin deficiency once more (turned in feet). Nothing in their diet has changed, so could this be an affect of the egg laying?
The eggs themselves have been fine. Even the very first eggs have not had any imperfections - all smooth, properly sized, and hard shelled. With 3 ducks I get 1-2 eggs a day and can typically guess which duck will lay based on their body. Yoda seems to lay once a day with the occasional every other day.

I'll be picking up some oyster and switching my girls to a laying feed.
Is there anything else I should do?
I would supplement her feed again.

Back
Top Bottom