My 7 month old buff silkie has been showing heavy signs that she is at point of lay. I've been an impatient egg-spectant Mama all week, waking up every morning thinking TODAY! But alas, no egg. Two days ago her abdomen started to swell, causing her to sort of waddle as she walked. Her breathing looked a little labored when she laid down. Not knowing if this was just her getting used to the feeling of her body having an egg on its way, I posted in the Egglaying subforum but got no response. Today she looks even more swollen, so I gave her a quick exam. Between the base of her keel bone and vent is a large, soft bulge-- comparing her to my other same age silkie, it's very extreme. I couldn't feel any hard masses, so I think I can rule out that she's not eggbound or internally laying. She's eating and drinking normally, and doesn't seem to have a fever. EYP? Wait and see if she lays? Cull her before she gets an infection and spreads it to the rest of the flock? I don't think I can do the syringe aspiration/penicillin route if it is EYP.