Possible vent gleet getting worse. UPDATE: Prolapse!

@azygous , I saw your reply and brought your answer here.
This is where it started.

From @azygous :
Continue to keep her warm. I'd place her on a heating pad. Give her some calcium supplement, Tums or calcium citrate.

Lubricate her vent and your gloved finger. Gently push against the prolapse until it goes back in. Then poke a finger in about half an inch and see if you feel anything hard like an egg. There's a strong possibility there's an egg in there.

Don't do anything else at the moment. Just keep a eye on her. Keep her quiet and calm. No noise. No activity.

Hopefully, the heat and the calcium will relax her and she will be able to pass the egg.

If the situation worsens, and you've determined an egg is trying to clear the vent but it's hung up, you may need to break the egg. But that's only a last resort. There's a special way to do it so the egg collapses without being shattered in a million pieces.

Thank you all for this advice. I coated it with cream after her soaking tonight. First thing in the morning we will do another soaking, then see if we can't help her along with a finger. I needed to wait for my assistant, as I think that's going to be a 2 person job. Thank you all so much!!

Back
Top Bottom