Possibly my last post ever on this site (sad news)

so very sorry for your loss...
hugs.gif

As I read your title on the thread, perhaps in time, you can get some new baby ducklings, and have a proper home etc. for them? you seem to have really loved them, and you can love again. Dont blame yourself, accidents can happen. Part of owning ducks/chickens etc. If a predator wants your pet bad enough, they will do anything. Hugs to you for a better sunshiney day tomorrow. Lovely pictures.
hugs.gif

Quote:
Thank you dearly. I am feeling a tad better, especially from everyone's incredible friendliness. My birthday is coming up next month...so...
tongue.png
kidding. sort of.
hmm.png
I will try to get duckies again, they were lovable and brought me insurmountable happiness just from a look. My mom who didn't care to have ducks in the first place even grew to love them and was crying today as well.

So sorry to hear of your loss. Its very obvious that you were very close to your 2 boys...

Somehow these messy, noisey and sometimes mean birds wiggle their way into your heart and never leave. They define "cute" even though they test the definition every chance they get...

Somehow we come to love them as we would any other family member. As the grief passes, and you begin to see life as it really is, full of opportunity as well as heartache, imagine how you could apply what you know now, to the next couple of lucky ducks that come into your life...

They might have only had 5 mts, but I'm sure that it couldn't possibly have been any better anywhere else.

Best wishes
DD

Sorry to hear about the final fate of your two little ducklings. I remember when you got them, I think you were going to give one to a friend, but decided to keep both. They sure grew up nice! Perhaps you can get more, later, but maybe make a covered run for them. That way they can be outside, but still be safer. If you decide to get more. No rush.

Quote:
Oh my goodness you remember my 'topic' that long ago? That brings back such good memories. They were very happy together, I see now that the advice I had attained off this site help give my ducks a better life, even if it wasn't long lasting. I think I will try and convince my parents to get a covered run, they have such things at a nearby feedstore
smile.png
But first I'll have to convince them to let me have ducks again, as my mom still thinks my backyard is no man's land since this morning.

I'm so sorry
hugs.gif
don't give up we need more caring people like you! there are so many unwanted animals out there. You gave those two little boys the best and happiest life! Keep your heart opened there are so many more little critters that need the same kind of love that you gave your boys. We all need you!

Quote:
thank you so much. it's funny, one of the reasons I decided to get two boys was because the drakes are usually unwanted or needed less should I say, and I wanted them to have a life where they never needed to worry about being eaten. (I don't mind people culling & eating their drakes, but I just wanted these to have the easy life). Technically they were never eaten, but sadly, attacked. Thanks, I hope to give love to another pair of drakes (hens sound like too much work for me especially since I just want them as pets).
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom