Possibly sick peachick - poo pic

Pics
Yay! We're back on track.

They each gained 30g and their poo looks great.

Screenshot_20180613-114512_Sheets.jpg

20180613_114048.jpg

I pity anyone who goes to look at my phone gallery with all the poo pics!

Hi Guys!

The chicks have been doing great. Over the past two months they've been growing to the point where they're too big for the scale, so I haven't been able to weigh them.

Yesterday Nut started acting coccidiosis-ey again, so I started them on corid today (with the right dose!) and dropped off a poo sample at the vet. It showed a good load of coccidia.

Unfortunately, we are leaving for vacation tomorrow. Bad timing! I have someone coming twice a day to feed them, take them in a walk around the yard and clean their coop (our 10 x 4 ft hallway). And then my sister-in-law will take them for a walk around the yard in the middle of the day.

I'm going to instruct the sitter to give them the corid water for 5 days. I also have probios. I know not to give it to them at the same time, but how soon after the corid can we give them probiotics?

Thanks as always for your advice.

Kat

Okay, well you could start the day you finish Corid. This time I would do the five days at max dose, then 7-14 days at the reduced dose (powder 1/3 teaspoon per gallon, liquid - 1/2 teaspoon per gallon).

Okay, well you could start the day you finish Corid. This time I would do the five days at max dose, then 7-14 days at the reduced dose (powder 1/3 teaspoon per gallon, liquid - 1/2 teaspoon per gallon).

Awesome. Will do. Thank you. We'll be gone 11 days. Stressing the entire time, of course. Murphy's law. I've had their poo tested twice this summer after the original outbreak, both negative. Now the day before we leave, here comes the coccidiosis. It's been very wet here though, so I think that's the culprit.

My four are about the same age as yours I think and they love outside now. Mine hatched around the beginning of may.

Back
Top Bottom