possum that tried to break into the run ***graphic***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
My possum was in my coop sleeping and did no harm to my chickens, a friend of mine has had the same possum living under her coop among her chickens and has Never hurt one yet, she feeds him cat food , ok that might be unrealistic and I don't think I would do it but she said he has never gone after a chicken or an egg yet and it's been years....I don't think they are as vicious as some think, Nothing like a raccoon

thats funny I do not care who ya are ..........just keep doing it that way LOLOLOL

Well, the OP didn't have a weapon with him to get rid of the chicken killing critter. I would have killed it anyway i could as well, pitch fork, stumped to death , whatever...If you can't/won't protect your livestock,by any means at your disposel, you shouldn't have any livestock...

Quote:
Exuse me Bengalcats, I was simply stating that if you felt that you, your dogs or your chickens where threatend you would want to get rid of the threat, would you not? This poster felt that the best way to dispatch the animal from his/her property was to kill it. However inhumaine their methods where, the poster felt the possum too hostail to relocate. I'm not the killing type but if something like that happend to me I would kill the possum as well.

WHATEVER.....you'll Never find ME stomping an animal to death no matter what the circumstances

I think you took this the wrong way, I wasn't standing upi for the poster or agree with the methods of killing, but if you wouldn't mind, can I ask you what YOU would have done in the poster's place?

Quote:
WHATEVER.....you'll Never find ME stomping an animal to death no matter what the circumstances

Ohhhh I hadn't thought of that, I'll get back to ya on that
hmm.png

I've seen chickens killed by pests and some left half alive after pests attack, with body parts and skin missing. And thats not even considering the diseases they carry. If I didn't have a gun handy I'd personally kill it any way I could.

The "OP" did use a gun after his dog bit it. Everybody is talking about the "op" but it wasn't the op that made that post about stomping a possum to death.

Your 100% right Txbufforpington,i for one stand corrected, it wasn't the OP who stomped the opussum...I certainly think that ColbyNTX did the right thing, and i'd do the same.Opussums are chicken killers...

TXbufforpington, you are right-I didnt stomp that possum to death although if he had killed/maimed any of my chickens, I just might have been angry enough to do it
somad.gif
somad.gif
. Plus, like I said before, my dog had gotten to it first and had already chewed it up pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom