possum that tried to break into the run ***graphic***

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't near his chickens *YET* - Sorry, I'd have killed it too. Whatever way I could. Killing isn't pretty no matter how it's done.

Desert Rooster, that is a Winchester M190 .22 semi-auto, made in the early 1970s. It's a great little gun, just perfect for dispatching predators. Currently I have a 3-9x45 scope sitting on it so next time a possum or coon comes by, I can do the job from my porch
big_smile.png

Quote:
Shooting it and killing it clean is one thing...but what you did was cruel and unwarrented!! If you can't kill it quickly then leave it alone or go and get a weapon to dispatch it in the most humane way possible. I can't even imagine the moments that animal suffered till you "stomped it to death!"
smack.gif

I have found that "chest compression" often kills faster then a bullet it mostly dependent on the individual species. Do you have first hand experiences using this method?

I always have a shovel nearby but never have had to use it on a predator.
fl.gif
But if I had too I surely would. "And don't call me Shirley".
gig.gif

Quote:
You agree it was cruel, but you state you would use your bare hands if it crosses the line. Maybe the op thought his porch was across the line and done whatever it takes.

Guys, if a possum was sitting there hissing and spitting you would kill it too. I don't think that stomping it to death was the best way to die, however if they had left to get a gun, the possum would had gotten away and consumed one of their livestock animals. Please try and see both sides before we get mad and end up getting this tread locked?

Quote:
That is pretty Sick to stomp any animal to death....for that matter the dogs would have killed it more humane, shame on you

Quote:
I had a possum in my coop, I don't own a gun and didn't feel the need to kill him, I drove him to another far location in the woods and let him go, so NO you Don't have to stomp an animal to death

Quote:
My possum was in my coop sleeping and did no harm to my chickens, a friend of mine has had the same possum living under her coop among her chickens and has Never hurt one yet, she feeds him cat food , ok that might be unrealistic and I don't think I would do it but she said he has never gone after a chicken or an egg yet and it's been years....I don't think they are as vicious as some think, Nothing like a raccoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom