post a pic of your FAVORITE guinea you have!

Thanks! I really hope so! I'll probably get mostly Pearls and Whites but those are pretty too. :p I'm just hoping for a decent hatch rate because I haven't managed to ever have a good one. I just love new adventures, and this is my first time with Guineas, so I'm excited to get started!! :) I'll be posting pictures of the keets to figure out what colors I got, 'cause I'm no professional in that aspect at all.
What kind of incubator are you going to use? Does it have a fan to circulate the air, or is it a still air model? Are you using an automatic egg turner? Guinea eggs are pretty forgiving during incubation... 45%-50% humidity, 99.5F degrees in an incubator with a fan (or 101.5-102ish F for still air, and the temp should be measured on top of the eggs). Make sure they get turned by an automatic turner or you hand turn them at least 3X a day for the first 25 days. Then stop turning them, raise the humidity up to around 70% for lock down and don't open it until the hatch is over. (Opening the incubator to pull out keets before the hatch is over will usually shrink wrap/dry out the internal egg membranes down over the remaining keets, killing them). The hatched keets will be noisy an rowdy being left in there, but will do fine without food or water for up to 36-48 hrs. For shipped eggs... some people just set them in the egg turner or egg carton bottoms in the preheated incubator and not turn them or plug in the turner for the first 2-3 days so their air cells and yolks get a chance to stabilize/recover from the shipping trauma. Good luck!

maybe a little i have pearl guineas

I have Pearls too. My wattles tend to stay about the same. Now the markings on them will be different for each bird, but the shape will tend to be the same. Here is picture of one of my Pearl males.
This Pearl and the Buff Dundotte in the picture above are from the same batch, and so are a few others I have, and they have almost the same markings on theirs. But their offspring, and guineas I have from different lines, have way different markings.

Last edited:
What kind of incubator are you going to use? Does it have a fan to circulate the air, or is it a still air model? Are you using an automatic egg turner? Guinea eggs are pretty forgiving during incubation... 45%-50% humidity, 99.5F degrees in an incubator with a fan (or 101.5-102ish F for still air, and the temp should be measured on top of the eggs). Make sure they get turned by an automatic turner or you hand turn them at least 3X a day for the first 25 days. Then stop turning them, raise the humidity up to around 70% for lock down and don't open it until the hatch is over. (Opening the incubator to pull out keets before the hatch is over will usually shrink wrap/dry out the internal egg membranes down over the remaining keets, killing them). The hatched keets will be noisy an rowdy being left in there, but will do fine without food or water for up to 36-48 hrs. For shipped eggs... some people just set them in the egg turner or egg carton bottoms in the preheated incubator and not turn them or plug in the turner for the first 2-3 days so their air cells and yolks get a chance to stabilize/recover from the shipping trauma. Good luck!
I've got a Brinsea Octagon Eco (plus autoturn cradle) and a Brinsea Mini Advance for the extras. They're running in my closet right now, both steady at 99 something - my thermo/hygros don't do decimals - and 40-45% humidity. Eggs should be here tomorrow hopefully. I think I've finally found a GREAT place for my incubators where they can't be disturbed by bumps and bangs, and I'm hoping that we'll avoid temp spikes as well. I haven't had temp problems with these Brinseas yet, and hopefully it'll stay that way. We'll see how it goes! I sure wish I had a broody Silkie to hatch some out for me. :)
When I buy shipped eggs, I usually let them sit just below room temp for the remainder of the day, whichever day I get them, and set them that night before bed, then turn the autoturner on 24 hours later.
Thanks! :)

yeah mine are JUST like that!
wink.png

Hi I'm Holly and I'm 17! I love animals too and poultry are my favorite. I love everything about guineas..theyre cute and hilarious!

Back
Top Bottom