post any and all waterfowl pictures here!!! ponds, pools, aviarys, coops, runs, etc.

Thoes geese are huge!
ep.gif

Both of them are in the middle pic. One on the stairs one sitting in the water. The other one had wandered off eating grass in the mudpuddle pic. I couldn't fit them both in.
smile.png

Sadly we had to put down one of our Pekins yestarday, he was half the size of the other Pekin i had gotten the same day. He was having severe nurelogical issues and was no longer capable of eating and drinking. Today our remaining Pekin is 2 weeks old and our Rouen and Cayuga are 1 week old. I dont have a pool yet for them, but since they are little I filled the kids sled with water lol. Well this morning the ducklings finally got brave enough to venture further into the run and found the water. I have put them in it over the weekend but they would run like cray to get back to the coop lol. The chicks I have also became brave and are wandering all over.  I couldnt get closer pics of the two little ducklings, they are to fast lol.

Checking out the "pool/sled"

2 week old Pekin.

aw, I'm sorry for your loss.

But my gosh that sled idea is adorable!

Sadly we had to put down one of our Pekins yestarday, he was half the size of the other Pekin i had gotten the same day. He was having severe nurelogical issues and was no longer capable of eating and drinking. Today our remaining Pekin is 2 weeks old and our Rouen and Cayuga are 1 week old. I dont have a pool yet for them, but since they are little I filled the kids sled with water lol. Well this morning the ducklings finally got brave enough to venture further into the run and found the water. I have put them in it over the weekend but they would run like cray to get back to the coop lol. The chicks I have also became brave and are wandering all over. I couldnt get closer pics of the two little ducklings, they are to fast lol.

Checking out the "pool/sled"

2 week old Pekin.

hugs.gif
My heart goes out to you. I had to put down a duckling yesterday too. I've never had to do that before and it was really difficult for me to process after the fact.
hugs.gif

Hi All! I'm new to the forum. Just thought I'd share a pic of my little duck barn (it's really a small 8'x8' coop, but I figured if I paint it red with white trim I could call it a barn, and by golly I will! haha). My hubby and I are relatively new to ducks, and this is the awesome winter housing he built last fall to keep our flock warm when it's cold outside. It got down to -60F this winter and they stayed nice and toasty inside. When it's warm enough out, they have access to the covered deck through a doggy door. It wasn't easy teaching them to use it as they are scared of the flap, but eventually they figured it out. So funny to watch. Oh yeah, we have a small flock of indian runners which we hatched in 2011 from a breeding pair we bought from Holderread's.

Hi All! I'm new to the forum. Just thought I'd share a pic of my little duck barn (it's really a small 8'x8' coop, but I figured if I paint it red with white trim I could call it a barn, and by golly I will! haha). My hubby and I are relatively new to ducks, and this is the awesome winter housing he built last fall to keep our flock warm when it's cold outside. It got down to -60F this winter and they stayed nice and toasty inside. When it's warm enough out, they have access to the covered deck through a doggy door. It wasn't easy teaching them to use it as they are scared of the flap, but eventually they figured it out. So funny to watch. Oh yeah, we have a small flock of indian runners which we hatched in 2011 from a breeding pair we bought from Holderread's.

Very nice ! I love it.

Back
Top Bottom