post any and all waterfowl pictures here!!! ponds, pools, aviarys, coops, runs, etc.

Pouen... like what ducklings do every six minutes?
lau.gif

Or Rekin... like what happens if you don't keep the brooder clean?
gig.gif

gig.gif
yuckyuck.gif
Way to be creative lol

Ok so here are my weekly age pics :)

Po the pekin is 8 weeks old come Monday, Jet and Chip are the larger mallards and will be 7 weeks old come tomorrow, and the 5 smaller mallards (Donald, Zues, Posiedon, Athena, and Aphrodite ---- we finally settled on names now that their quacks came in) will be 5 weeks old tomorrow. Ugh

And because I cant leave the baby out, lol Here is a pic of Shifu the 3 day old Rekin Pouen duckling lmao

That little Pouen duckling is the cutest!

Here's an update on my baby-Toothless. Pretty soon she'll be too big to do this...

She's sitting in my hood in the second pic. :)

Thanks! I'm pretty partial to her. lol

Toothless is a people duck, more than a flock member usually so she's let out to spend time around my family pretty often. She follows me around outside, or in the house until i sit down, at which time she proceeds to jump into my lap, climb up to my shoulder and fall asleep-she LOVED my hoodie! Although, I was hoping she wouldn't use it as her own personal bathroom the whole time.
wink.png

I got my 3 little darlings on Wednesday - came thru the mail just fine (with a heat pak). 1 each - welsh harlequin, white layer, buff duck. They can't get enough of the water - Their "pond" (last week it was just a Rubbermaid bowl) has to be changed several times a day. They love to play - water, water everywhere - tomorrow they are moving to a bigger space where hopefully I can keep some of the bedding dry

I got my 3 little darlings on Wednesday - came thru the mail just fine (with a heat pak). 1 each - welsh harlequin, white layer, buff duck. They can't get enough of the water - Their "pond" (last week it was just a Rubbermaid bowl) has to be changed several times a day. They love to play - water, water everywhere - tomorrow they are moving to a bigger space where hopefully I can keep some of the bedding dry

Very cute and
welcome-byc.gif
. With my last batch of ducklings I had in the brooder I use to let them have a bowl to swim in but not this time. Way to expensive with bedding so we just have tub time or sink time a couple times a day now. Congrats on the babies and good luck.

That little Pouen duckling is the cutest!

Here's an update on my baby-Toothless. Pretty soon she'll be too big to do this...

She's sitting in my hood in the second pic. :)

love.gif

Very cute and
welcome-byc.gif
. With my last batch of ducklings I had in the brooder I use to let them have a bowl to swim in but not this time. Way to expensive with bedding so we just have tub time or sink time a couple times a day now. Congrats on the babies and good luck.

x2. You'll go through bedding like mad and tiny ducklings cannot regulate their body temperature. Let them swim in a sink 1-2 times a day and save your bedding.

Back
Top Bottom