post any and all waterfowl pictures here!!! ponds, pools, aviarys, coops, runs, etc.

Looks like the kids really loved having them there too.
Oh they do! I was surprised at how great the kids were with them. We would let the babies out while we worked and the kids were SO, SO careful of where they put their feet, etc.

Since we couldn't seem to keep the ducklings IN their baby pool, I figured, "let them join in!" :)

They sat through Mandarin class and everything. Ha!

@ quacked up..I think they will stay this way they are five Weeks old their feathers came i'm that color. I'm told they are fawn and white runner ducks. Thanks I just love them

The only downside is that, now, the ducklings are prone to following large groups of children around.... ;)
So your saying where you live there are large groups of children?
wink.png

I have to agree, the dog kennel works great! We have mostly weeds and it's just wonderful! We are going to add an area for them to go out and graze though so the kennel will be stationary for the winter. We don't have a dog house yet for our 2 ducks so for right now they sit in one of our reycling bins turned sideways and filled with pine shavings!
big_smile.png

I LOVE your pond! I really want to build one for my ducks but not sure about the draining or cleaning of it. Right now they just have a mortar mixing tub that I got at Home Depot and they love just hanging out in it but I change it every morning and put fresh water in it cause it's such a mess from them and of course I water my plants with the water. Any ideas for a simple pond that I can clean easily?

I know it's not exactly a pond, but I use kiddie pools. They're easier to empty, and they make different sizes. I like it because it's pretty easy for the duckies to get in and out of, even when I don't have it completely full. i would think with a pond set in the ground it would be hard for the ducks to climb out if you didn't have it full. (like I don't fill my kiddie pools all the way when the younger ducks are outside. they're still short lol) That and I can empty it two or three times a day if I wanted and it still doesn't flood my duck pen too much. actually, since the ducks go and poo in it anyway I dump it, and grass grows in their pen. :)

Back
Top Bottom