post any and all waterfowl pictures here!!! ponds, pools, aviarys, coops, runs, etc.

X2, the only thing I see you actually need to do is put in some kind of windows they need alot of ventilation, especially as hot as it been and going to be this summer. just cut out some windows and attach hardware cloth easy peasy. Even in the dead of winter they need plenty of ventilation, Ammonia build up from their dropping can cause serious problems. other than the windows it's an awesome setup.
thumbsup.gif
x2. Is there a bigger door or is the roof on hinges for cleaning/removing eggs? I like it a lot, I need to show it to hubby and tell him I need something similar.
wink.png

@poultry09- Thanks so much we worked super hard on it!
@70%Cocoa- We don't usually have predators through the day time. But eventually we are going to reinforce the chicken wire with hardware cloth and my hubby is going to add a roof. For now I trust my dog will keep away the predators as normal............
love.gif

@poultry09- Thanks so much we worked super hard on it!
@70%Cocoa- We don't usually have predators through the day time. But eventually we are going to reinforce the chicken wire with hardware cloth and my hubby is going to add a roof. For now I trust my dog will keep away the predators as normal............
I meant he would keep me from coming into the yard.
hide.gif

I meant he would keep me from coming into the yard.
hide.gif
dobermans are friendly pups. They're protective of their families, but very friendly, and sweet. One of my dobies loved to cuddle while laying in front of the space heater, and the other chases laser pointers like a cat. The poor things just have a bad rep.

He does look really scary, lol. He's a big baby though. He's inside today. The temps reached over 100 degrees here in Kentucky today!
@Miss Lydia- Love the baby muscovy! SOO cute.

I'm hoping our dog,Tess can look intimidating to predators! You've got a beautiful doberman and I have to agree they sometimes get a bad rap but like any dog I think it's how they are treated themselves. I met one a few years ago and she never had to be on a leash and her "mom and dad" traveled all over with her in a 5th wheel because of how he worked and she was just wonderful with people and even other dogs!

They are very intimidating though, we had one years ago, some people were going to have him put to sleep because they were afraid their baby might get bitten by him instead of them teaching the child to respect the dog they would let it climb all over him and actually when i saw this I was amazed at how clam the dog was. . He was 5 years old very over weight so my friend who knew these folks asked me if i wanted him. He was the sweetest dog ever. But I can tell you when we went walking people gave us a wide berth. We live in a neighborhood then.

I think they only look intimidating because that's what society has made them seem like to other people. The bad rep is what gives people that mind set. Any breed of dog, pure, or mixed can end up being scary, or considered "bad". Personally, I think the owner is to blame for any dogs that cause problems; sometimes you can't do anything about it, but I'd say 90% of the problem is people who don't teach their dogs to behave. There isn't a "bad" breed, just bad owners.

I would love to post photos!! Can someone direct me to the information page on how to post photos? I am not good with technical & computers!! ipad info too?
thanks
char
:)

Back
Top Bottom