Post Bumblefoot infection

I also want to add that Mycoplasma is a respiratory infection. An infection that causes respiratory issues such a sneezing, coughing, etc, etc. I don't think that is what is going on here. I think that there is leftover swelling from bumble foot surgery, or there was a bit of bumble left over, and it is not re-accuring. Sometimes bumbles sink under the skin to where your not able to see them well.
I would not be concerned about Mycoplasma unless OP is seeing respiratory symptoms. Just a swollen foot that had previous issues with bumble foot, seems more likely to be related to that.

I also want to add that Mycoplasma is a respiratory infection. An infection that causes respiratory issues such a sneezing, coughing, etc, etc. I don't think that is what is going on here. I think that there is leftover swelling from bumble foot surgery, or there was a bit of bumble left over, and it is not re-accuring. Sometimes bumbles sink under the skin to where your not able to see them well.
I would not be concerned about Mycoplasma unless OP is seeing respiratory symptoms. Just a swollen foot that had previous issues with bumble foot, seems more likely to be related to that.
One strain causes lameness and affects the joints. A well cared for chicken can show no symptoms until their immune system becomes weakened.Estimated to be in up to 80% of backyard flocks and wild birds.

Just to be clear you are correct mycoplasma gallisepticum causes respiratory issues. Mycoplasma synoviae affects the joints .They already have a poor immune system from having bumble foot

Update:
Have been using the Calendula and turmeric every other day after a 10-15 min salt soak. So far it is looking better but still not 100%. She is limping a bit less. Foot looks good besides the swelling, no infection seen. Swelling is down maybe 10%. I'm going to leave it alone for the next week and see if it does any better healing on its own. She is getting tired of the salt bath and is not a big fan of the vet wrap. Thank you to everyone that helped out on this one, I am not sure what I would have done otherwise, we were getting desperate.

Update:
Have been using the Calendula and turmeric every other day after a 10-15 min salt soak. So far it is looking better but still not 100%. She is limping a bit less. Foot looks good besides the swelling, no infection seen. Swelling is down maybe 10%. I'm going to leave it alone for the next week and see if it does any better healing on its own. She is getting tired of the salt bath and is not a big fan of the vet wrap. Thank you to everyone that helped out on this one, I am not sure what I would have done otherwise, we were getting desperate.
That is great! Just a little improvement goes a long way. Nice work!
I would keep giving the turmeric daily. You can just put that on her feed so thats pretty simple. Then soak a bandage in some calendula, wrap with that and leave it for a few days.

You could also try Yarrow..non alcoholic tincture..used to heal/close flesh wounds...after her soak..looks like infection might be present....

Back
Top Bottom