Post here if you have a Feb 3rd Hatch day!!!

2 have hatched ! one dominique and one speckeled sussex..... both early. The one that pipped on the 18th day didn't make it. Just waiting on the other 8 now, tonight is the full 21st day.
big_smile.png

Yippeee! I had given up. I thought all 6 eggs were goners. I left the one that I couldn't see through in the incubator, and guess what?? When I came home from work, I thought I heard a peep. God, what a feeling!! I ran to the Incubator, and sure enough, that little sucker was peeping, and even moving a little bit. He/she has not yet broken the shell. Please, please, please baby, make it. I need a little fuzzy butt.

well bad news here.....only 2 hatched i opened the others up today and 3 had stopped developing probably around day 15 or 16 and the others had full chicks in them that were dead, the yolk still hadnt fully gone inside them yet. Now to try and figure out what happened...............It seems it could have happened shortly after taking them out of the turner
hmm.png

Last edited:
I'm so sorry Cadman68. It really hurts to lose a hatch. My little one pipped last nite, but when I got home from work today, he/she had not made any progress. So, as much as I hate to, I'm helping. I can't just let it die without trying....

An update from my last post. Well, "mama never taught me 'bout birthin' no biddies," but I did it!! It took me 3 1/2 hours to get my little one out of the shell. We rested often, and I kept putting her (I hope) back in the bator to rest and warm up. She would never have made it alone. The egg was small to start with, and she filled it up. I will not hatch another small egg like that. I did completely deliver her. I was VERY careful, and there was no blood at all. I left the umbilical cord attached to the membrane, which she has now shed. Yes, she is rolling around, peeping loudly, and drying out. I will leave her in the bator until I get home tomorrow, then will set up her "big girl" digs. What a night!!

I'm glad you got "her" out ncg.
She will truly be your baby forever, since you delivered her and all.

I too have little babies...7 fuzzy butts all running around now.

I put 24 eggs back in the bator this morning.

Thanks, BantyChickMom, good luck with your, too. I do have one question. How do I clean her up? She has eggshell and sticky stuff everywhere. Can I just use a washcloth? I'm leaving her in the bator til this afternoon.

cadman i fell your pain about your chicks that did not make it. Mine had the same problem but i did get 6 chicks. I still can;t figure it out. They were completly developed but for some reason they were not alive and it was day 21. I wonder if it did have something to do with taking them out of the turner but not sure.

I had 9 hatch. I think one is speckled sussex and the rest are red sexlink. I'm glad bc this is my first hatch in a homemade incubator. The next batch will go in tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom