post office called at 7 40 am this morning!!!!

I'm about to buy the same deal. Glad to hear people are pleased with the birds! I'm ordering a bunch to split between a few families, 150 cornish cross pullets and 75 of the free chicks, which I will probably end up with all for myself, as it does not seem anyone else in the group wants those. I'm going to keep some and try to sell some, there are a lot of Hispanics here and I hear they like rooster meat.

I wanted to add that you can CHOOSE not to get the free bird deals.

Here is what I plan to do.

Keep the ones i think are pullets( for laying)

October 3rd is the auction. i am going to sell them. I dont care what i get for them, i will not wait a year and feed them this whole time to eat them. That is too long for me and too much of a sausage fest. I have 4 comet hens and they arent even laying yet! i know how long it takes and i know that THAT wouldnt be worth it for MY situation. Nothing at the auction goes under a dollar so.. i can pretty much count on them selling for a buck a piece, minus the percentage i should come up with at least 32 bucks. Its worth it to me. my feed is about $15 for 80 pounds.. so i WILL clear something.

Ive decided to keep them til october 3rd, or just put them on craigslist .. depending on what my husband Thinks is the best. obviously if i sell them on CL i can get rid of them sooner.

We buy our broilers from Mt. Healthy as well and have had great experiences. We opted in for the free roosters the last batch and ended up with the comets. Slow to grow and smaller, but boy are they are extra tasty! They may not be extremely economical but, to us, they were worth it and I think we'll continue raising them with our broilers in the future. Even better if you can make money selling them!

Quote:
Hehehehe...... I agree take them to auction
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom