Post office killed my chicks. I am in shock. pics - graphic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sincerely sorry. I have posted many times on the stupidity of the P.O. and how it handles these things but no one here seems to believe me. They just think I'm a retired disgruntle postal worker. I hope you get satisfaction. I'm so mad I'm ready to lose my salvation!

I must have the only good mailman that there is. He will "dismount" to bring me a package and if it is marked fragile or something similar he says tht the people at the post office know to carefully put it in his car and not in the sorting basket.

He suggested that when I have something sent to me that is fragile to put "Fresh Baked Cookies" on the box. He said there is something about cookies that postman like. He also otld me that everytime he ordered anythng from Ebay it was always broken by the time he got it.

He will pull up in the yard and chit-chat. Very nice man. I think I'll make him some Fresh Baked Cookies.
thumbsup.gif

This is so horrendous, I'm so sorry for you. I just got my new chicks this morning and I could not even imagine.... I'd end up being arrested if that happened to me. What kind of idiot leaves a box of live chicks outside like that?!?!?! Oh wow, unbelievable. Sorry you had to see that
sad.png
I hope you're reimbursed for those poor babies and I hope the lone survivor pulls through. Please let us know what happens.

ETA: I can't believe they actually use the term "dismount".

Last edited:
My postman is great also. He honks , (Not in the best health) and I come out and get it, or if I"m not home he puts it on my porch in a chair and moves the chair so it isn't in the sun.

Quote:
Dismount is a technical term in our rule book. It just means to completely stop the vehicle, do the brake, yadda, yadda and get out of the car.

It's our right (as postal employees) not to exit the vehicle if we feel that we are in danger of an animal, etc. I, also, will not exit the vehicle if there is an unattended dog about that seems threatening (dog may be awesome for you and never bit, but I'm not taking the chance). I WILL honk to give the oppurtunity to come out to get the box UNLESS you're a regular that I know is never ho when I deliver the mail.

I wouldn't have left your box, though. I'd just left a notice in your mail box to pick up your package at the post office so I didn't risk cooking or freezing your eggs (depending on the season). Which is another reason I suggest sellers making boxes as eggs or what have you.

OP I'm so sorry about your chicks.
sad.png
We always call for chicks when they come in, but one lady told my mail man to just bring them to her house and drop them off. So they got to stay in his mail vehicle for hours. It was kinda cold so he kept them on the front seat with him and turned the heater on.
love.gif

Last edited:
I am afraid I would have the idiot who dumped my babies on the porch to be killed by dogs by the throat...I would be squeezing vigorously...how stupid...cold...uncaring...evil...vicious...if he has a beef with you, how does it rationalize out to killing baby chicks? I just don't get it...my postal people have been ever so kind to me and caring of all my chicks and ducklings I have ordered...I get the 7 a.m. calls every time and go pick them up...I also call them prior to delivery and give them a heads up that I have a live pkg coming in...shaking head in disbelief and going out to hug my babies a little closer...I am so sorry you had to see this and be a victim of your PO butt head...

Normally, I love the post office. I have no complaints. I think they do a really good job. It is this one particular postman that I can't stand. He has a bad attitude and is one of those passive aggressive types. The other postperson, I adore. She is our regular one... or used to be. She is the best and would never do anything like this. We live out in the country where everyone knows everyone. Our UPS guy is a doll and goes above and beyond the call of duty.

I didn't expect this person to "dismount". A phone call. A car honk. Anything. And I know they weren't scared of our dogs, because they got out of their truck, walked up to the porch and left the male and the chicks there. Right next to the doorbell. How hard would it have been to ring?

Right next to 3 big smiling, salivating golden retrievers. I am not even sure the goldens tried to hurt them. When our barn cat had kittens, they would get the kittens and carry them around in their mouth. But chicks are delicate. I don't know. Maybe they saw lunch.

Quote:
Yup. I'd call, though. Not to sound mean, but I'd call now while it's still "fresh" and they get the idea that it's not "just livestock".

I work for the po and the mailpersons are under a lot of pressure to get things done, and some of them are just lazy jerks (My postman). I call them on the unlisted number and tell them I am expecting a package.(that bugs them How did you get this number) I write them a letter telling them I am expecting a package - Put a stamp on it or you will get it back. I do not seal it I write it to "Postmaster city and state. You can put our route number on it Just call the PO to get that. They will give it to you if they have your address", telling them I am expecting a package where it is coming from and what it contains how it is being shipped and when it was sent and when I am expecting it asking them to deliver the live chicks or eggs first thing or PLEASE do not leave them in the gang box or drop them on the front porch, call me and I will come down and pick it up with my phone number and I PRAY Please write this in big print. I am not sure they can read cursive. They will not come into my gate because I might have a dog. (And I agree with this one because I spent 5 days in the hospital from a dog that was just "big and friendly "- he was not hungry just wanted to chew.) But last time them called me. I acked like they were my best friends just went all giggly over their customer service. They have customer service it is poor but it is customer service. They do have pms moments. I am just ranting now. Good Luck to you all. I retire next year.
celebrate.gif
Good luck From a happy employee
wee.gif
CK

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom