Post Office would not ship my eggs!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Jubaby, May 11, 2009.

1. Jubaby

Jubaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    West Texas
    This topic may not belong in here, but I wasn't sure where to put it. Sorry!

I just took my perfectly packages eggs to the local Post Office and they refused to accept them. Said they had never heard of shipping eggs. I told them I have received three shipments in the last year all marked the same way, but they refused to take them. Said they would have to call a higher up office to see what the regulations are before they would accept them. Crazy people!!!????

2. CANDLE98

CANDLE98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Meridian Idaho
    I would ask them to show you where it says you can't ship eggs. Sometimes people aren't very willing to look something up!

3. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Agreed. Sounds like you live in Beverly Hills or something. [​IMG] I can't imagine the post office denying you the right to ship eggs. That's ludicrous!

4. R@ndy

[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2009
    Taneytown
    That sounds crazy

5. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    That is crazy.

Just go back and re pack them and don't tell them they are eggs this time.

6. Jubaby

Jubaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    West Texas
    The stupid lady acted like she thought they would hatch right in the box. She wanted to know how many days it takes to hatch - then seemed surprised to know that you actually had to put them in a incubator before they would hatch.

Right now I'm waiting for them to call me and let me know if it's okay to ship them or not.

GRRRRR!

7. Jessika

Jessika Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Eagle Creek, OR
    Go to a different P.O. and just mail them. Funny thing is my little (middle of know where) PO box acts like its really wierd when I send or recieve eggs. But if I go in Oregon City no one even cares. [​IMG] They don't say a word about it.

8. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    If you have another post office or a store that specializes in shipping then you could go there.

9. chickie_mama

chickie_mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Lula, GA
    Is there another PO branch nearby? Maybe take to a different post office. [​IMG]

10. LA~Poulet

LA~Poulet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2009
    near Lake Charles, LA
    I would just bring it to a different P.O., if that was possible, so they could ship out today, and then bring the woman printed documents showing that it is okay to ship eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by