Post Phoenix Pics Please

Please help :)Someone gave me 2 phoenix eggs, that's what she wrote on them anyway. They hatched out black, what color should they grow out to be?

Sure ill post some pictures. They are only 2 weeks old. I'm also new to the breed so I have no idea what I'm looking at. :)

Please help :)Someone gave me 2 phoenix eggs, that's what she wrote on them anyway. They hatched out black, what color should they grow out to be?

would have to see them. May not be pure for one. Theres only about 4 breeders with blacks in the US. Then birchen hatch black too, but with silvery or tan faces depending on which version it is

It gets better I found a pullet that matches his type. Looks like it's a pair.
that ones a bb red in the main part of the pic. the one with its head stuck in looks ginger too though.

you can make more off him and a bb red though. They would just be ginger red though, not shojo. Shojo is ginger on a wheaten base, makes it buff. On a duckwing base it'll be deep dark red with a balck tail. Both very rare , and highly desired!

would have to see them. May not be pure for one. Theres only about 4 breeders with blacks in the US. Then birchen hatch black too, but with silvery or tan faces depending on which version it is

Chick 1

Chick 2

I don't know, I'm new to The breed, but I'd love to see pics :D

Chick 1

Chick 2

those are brown reds I bet. Cant see the faces good in all of them. Chick 2 is for sure though. See around the beak, it has a reddish brown tint. also wings are brownish , not true black.
that's all a birchen chicks shows for color.
As they mature males will look almost just like a bb red male but without the triangle patch in the lower wing.
Hens will remain mostly black but have color in their hackles and usually a laced breast in the same color. For brown reds, this would be red.

On the silvers, it would be the same, just silver in place of the red. Chicks will have a faint silver face on black too.

only other possibility would be blacks with a lot of red leakage in them. But Im betting near 99% they are birchens

those are brown reds I bet. Cant see the faces good in all of them. Chick 2 is for sure though. See around the beak, it has a reddish brown tint. also wings are brownish , not true black.
that's all a birchen chicks shows for color.
As they mature males will look almost just like a bb red male but without the triangle patch in the lower wing.
Hens will remain mostly black but have color in their hackles and usually a laced breast in the same color. For brown reds, this would be red.

On the silvers, it would be the same, just silver in place of the red. Chicks will have a faint silver face on black too.

only other possibility would be blacks with a lot of red leakage in them. But Im betting near 99% they are birchens

Thank you so much. These were given to me by a total stranger I had been talking to @ Tractor Supply. Her incubator had broken that morning., she had her mother bring them while we were talking. I have no idea what I'm looking at with these :)
Ok so they will be a brown/red birchen color? Just curious, Is this a recognized color or a project color?

Back
Top Bottom