Post Phoenix Pics Please

I've had up to day 28 on eggs, even under a broody. Matter of fact, that's why I had chicks hatch in the trash this week. Just let her sit and don't bother her to much.

Yea I've had the same thing before too but in the incubator..
Thanks guys. I've stopped lifting her to see under her. Even when I move her outside for fresh air, she won't come off the nest...She's a really good broody. I'll get pics of the chicks when they come out from under her the next time.

Latest update on the chicks...the final two eggs didn't make it. Both were fully formed, but one egg had a hairline crack in it (I think it died a few days ago because it was a little gross in there). The other was fully formed but I don't think it could make it out. The air cell was very small and the chick had a severe scissor beak...I don't think it could get pipped on its own and I was too late in helping. On the other hand, all six chicks are doing great. The love scratching around in the hay that's piled beside the coop. They had a ball delaying mowing the yard today...they wanted to be under the mower when the hubs took a break. Did a little dust bathing in my potting soil:/ little trouble makers...lol

Quote:
What I have have learned from both raising show quality and non show quality birds is that you can't necessarily say that unless he is show quality. Non show quality birds tend to range in size color, conformation, ect. He very well could be a mutt. but my guess is he is probably a Nankin.

Is this a Golden Phoenix cockerel?
No, it is phoenix but looks to be the making of a shojo. Black tailed buff. Can't tell if the lobes are white though. May well have something bred into if for the ginger on wheaten color. But still primarily Phoenix . Gold ducking are yellow hackled versions of a bb red. And anybduckwing will have a wing patch in a triangle shape in the lower folded wing. You will love this color once it grows up. All buff with a black tail

Updated pictures of my SDW bantams. Sweet birds but under wire because I didn't want to chase them all over my laundry room.

No, it is phoenix but looks to be the making of a shojo. Black tailed buff. Can't tell if the lobes are white though. May well have something bred into if for the ginger on wheaten color. But still primarily Phoenix .
Gold ducking are yellow hackled versions of a bb red. And anybduckwing will have a wing patch in a triangle shape in the lower folded wing.

You will love this color once it grows up.
All buff with a black tail

It gets better I found a pullet that matches his type. Looks like it's a pair.

Back
Top Bottom