Post Phoenix Pics Please

I need to get pictures of my birds. I am getting out of breeding bantam and need to sell my extra rooster too. I am sticking to my standard largefowl. I have both silver and golden variety. I just recently ended with Sumatra breeding. I had so many colors going on in Phoenix and Sumatra.

My Bbred LF cockerel of only 7 months. Tail was picked off so it's just regrowing. My silver bantam of 7 months old with tail of almost 2ft at longest point if the rest wouldn't have been pecked off or broken. They used to be in an all male pen about a month ago but since have been in individual pens for conditioning.

(Bbred is the offspring of two golden parents. Bbred is a recessive trait, So breeding 2 bbreds together you will get bbred and an occasional golden)

Last edited:
@dboranch parents look like blue Andalusia but chick will be splash...

I don't know what a blue Andalusian is. All my Phoenix (& Phoenix/Ohiki) came from Stewarts Longtails. Does Amanda raise blue Andalusians too?

I raise blue/black/splash Ameraucanas and Orpingtons (LF & bantam) and I have a lot of splash. This chick may well be a splash considering the parents are blue & black but it is a much different color than any splash chick I have hatched... it looks more like it will be white. I just didn't know if the dot on its head meant anything???

@dboranch yea there is a lot of crossing done at Stewart longtails. If the bird doesn't have blue legs white earlobe it is a cross. And if it has blue legs and white earliest but it's other than silver,golden, bored, white, it is a cross. There's a lot of breeds done there just for different colors but she doesn't show the birds so they aren't to the standard.the crosses are leaning more towards Phoenix so they can be called Phoenix but will have hidden genes.
I have whites from there and offspring turns out red and buff. I also had a golden from there and had white legs. My crele from there has red ear lobes. And the blue Wheaton has white legs and throws black chicks and some splash and golden.

No saying the birds are bad because they are great pretty birds but they're nonstandard and not for show. Unless placed in a utility class.

Last edited:
Thanks rambob, that's good to know. I was aware that my grizzlies had ohiki mixed in their genes but I didn't realize that my 3 Phoenix were not purebreds. For flyties, I am mainly going for the feathering on my birds but I don't want to sell any chicks as a Phoenix if they are not (so much I need to learn on these birds). So are you saying that these birds can never be shown as a Phoenix even if they meet all the requirements of APA standards? Most of my birds have white earlobes and slate legs except the grizzly and crele (which have the typical black spots on their legs indicative of barring). I just hatched out a small group of chicks that have feathered legs. On closer inspection, I just discovered that the Bbred roo in this pen (see picture) has some feathering on his legs too... out he goes!

If they meet the APA they can be shown but otherwise they can't. Yea look at all your birds legs because the ones I got from her all have feathered legs also. Idk why they do but it's just because of all the Crosse she dose

Back
Top Bottom