Post Phoenix Pics Please

Amanda - I really like all those spectacular colors you have going on with those recently pictured birds!

The garden rose blooms are prolific here and it seems the Phoenix chicks are too! There seems to be another bloomin' chick hatching out every time I turn around!

Amanda - I really like all those spectacular colors you have going on with those recently pictured birds!

The garden rose blooms are prolific here and it seems the Phoenix chicks are too! There seems to be another bloomin' chick hatching out every time I turn around!

Your choice of words as well as colors and feathers are Spectacular as usual..
big_smile.png

By the way, those are some gorgeous roses you have there.. My favorite rose is the Mr. Lincoln.. They are so beautiful.. Love the deep red color and the big beautiful blooms.. Love the sweetheart phoenix chick too.. Despite being overrun with them, I still enjoy them and they will always be one of my favorites in the flock.. Thanks again for sharing this beautiful picture with us.....ttys.

Boggy Bottoms,
I completely understand what you're saying. So should I just go with a cheap hovabator one?
I have a turner because I am in college and my mom does not have the time to turn the eggs.
When I incubate I just turn them by hand... How often do you turn? and do you turn eggs one by one?

Thankssss
I am going home today to go bleach the incubator & incubate the silver pheasant eggs
sorry for the delay, been out of town for a few days. But yes I put and X and an O on two sides and turn each one by hand 2-3 times a day at least

I just hatched out a batch of 10 bantam phoenix chicks this week. The breeding pen that the eggs came from contains a SDW rooster and 2 white hens. I was kinda under the impression that I would get a bunch of chipmunk striped chicks but only 2 out of the 10, the rest are yellow. Does that mean my SDW roo is carrying white or are the whites dominant? But if thats the case wouldn't all of the chicks have been yellow? My grasp of chicken color genetics is rudimentary at best.

Back
Top Bottom