post pics of grow out pens

This is my first flock, I have 10 total that are 2 weeks old they are in a hutch that is about 2'x2'x4' they have straw on the floor, they are so active and scratching and pecking all over. I have 2 BR 4 RIR and 4 Americanas (That is what they told me they were at the feed shop) it is starting to get warmer in the day and not as cool at night (im in Arizona) so I was wondering when my hutch is going to be too small for them and I can put them in the coop I already have built.....I do have some roosts in the hutch to add a "second floor" They do seem to be ok right now, but what are the signs that my brooder hutch is getting too small.....
idunno.gif

Just put my guys in this, using stuff we had around the house (until the coop if finished, as the weather has been so bad, we have not been able to do any work on it.)
I have 10 chickens (8 regular, 2 bantams).

I like it.. Looks like it'll work just fine.. More effort than id out into it on account they grow hella fast, but nice

My dh made this grow out pen for my 5- 5 week old chicks (2 SS, 2 BA, 1 BO) while they wait for their coop to be built. It was made out of all things he had with the exception of the chicken wire and pvc. It has two levels, connected by a bi-level ramp.
If your want some specs:
He made it out out of 2x6's he had that he ripped down into 1.5"x1.5". He made a frame in the shape of an L- 4ftx 4ftx 2ft. He put VCT (Vinyl Composite Tile) flooring that he had. It has 4 doors that open and have slide bolt locks. There are two roost bars on the top floor. The first floor walls are 26" high and the 2nd floor is 30". They have an automatic waterer and feeder from 2 gallon buckets and pvc (and chicken nipples for waterer)

They still have the heat lamp above the roosts because it's been cold at night. That's just hanging from a plant hanger. Hopefully in a week or so, they won't even need it.
Hope this helps someone who's trying to think of a grow out pen their birds can be comfy in. Mine love it
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom