post pics of grow out pens

Oh..I love Essex. We go there all the time. I have friends who live up that way, in Essex, Ipswich, and Hamilton. I love antiquing there and eating at Woodman's also :) I live in Lynn.

Oh, maybe sometime we could get together, I actually live right next door to Essex Seafood (literally walk across my front lawn into the parking lot! lol)

Yes, I love it here! (Used to live in Revere, so know what you mean about crowded.) We live right on the woods, so get to see all kinds of wildlife here, too.

I'm not crafty nor wood shop savy. My brooder is an old dresser gutted and on its side. My teenagers go in parrot cages in the coop storage area at night and outside in metal compost frames zap strapped together and wire ontop. I have kitten vari Kennels I move them around in. Sounds like a lot of work but I like my chickens use to being handled. when they see me they make the happiest noises like "she's coming"

I'm using a 4x4 dog kennel and its working great!

I'm in SoCal and am wondering if I can skip the grow-out pen and move the girls straight into the coop when they outgrow the brooder. This is the coop I ordered:

http://saltboxdesigns.wordpress.com/gallery/img_8383-2/

It honestly doesn't look much bigger than some of the pens pictured here, plus it is warm here in the fall.

Thoughts appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom