Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

frow.gif

I haven't been on much lately too busy with the farm, farm stand, selling farm insurance, tending to the poultry farm...... Um anything farm??? lol

But, here are some pic's of my babies I love so dearly!!

61583_buster_door_pic_1.jpg

61583_skye.jpg

61583_baby_orps_group_shot_july_2011.jpg

61583_baby_orps_1_june_2011.jpg

61583_baby_brutus_orp_july_2011.jpg

61583_baby_brutus_orp_1_july_2011.jpg

61583_buff_pullets_61411.jpg

61583_hinkjc_white_orp_chicks_6211.jpg

I think if I could convert into an Orp farm 100% I probably would except the DH loves his other breeds and I do too
wink.png

Nice to see so many into Orps. Wasn't too long ago we would be lucky to have a couple of posts a day. Now we have 2 separate threads dedicated to the breed and a whole lot of enthusiastic newbies into raising great birds.
Here is a few pics of my younguns. Most all will be culled except for a select few. My better quality birds are the youngers ones who have yet to get outside. They will be here soon. But for now.....

An update on one of two of my Silver Duckwings.
004-26.jpg

I really like the pullet in the middle. With this breed it is better to be patient cause before you know it some of these others will be worth keeping a bit longer.
014-12.jpg

This boy has his moments where you think you like to cull him and then the next week you change your mind. Today he is having an iffy day. I like his head. And we will see how well he turns out. Also in this pen are some boys from my Mottled. And unfortunately you REALLY have to wait till you know IF you want to keep one or two of the boys from her.
002-26.jpg

Only have a few Splashes but I like em. This girl is having one of those droopy tail moments. But she has also to grow some more out till I decide.
010-16.jpg

Number three on the pecking order of Doug's Buff chicks. He is the little guy but we ALL know to not get rid of any till their fully grown out. As we know most every Buff traces back to the original Clevenger lines. Mostly threw Bob Coulter. So all these from Doug will work well with my flock. And hope to have some big heads to use next year in the new and inproved BUSTOFF plan.
018-8.jpg

I was lucky enough to buy a young D.D. Magnolia from a local nursury for $15. The smell is wonderful. SOMEday I will hope this tree becomes a monster and perfumiates the whole yard with this very nice smell. Give it 10 years. Hope to be here to enjoy it when that time comes.
020-7.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom