Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Quote:
These are 100% Orpingtons. There is no other breed in them so, no mutts
smile.png

Color is the only difference. Dune, Sport Buff and Cuckoo are some of the
color options. none of course are able to be shown, just a step in a process

Pick the correct colors to breed together and you get all White Orp's

Some will be kept for other color projects and some will be culled.

John
old.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
These are 100% Orpingtons. There is no other breed in them so, no mutts
smile.png

Color is the only difference. Dune, Sport Buff and Cuckoo are some of the
color options. none of course are able to be shown, just a step in a process

Pick the correct colors to breed together and you get all White Orp's

Some will be kept for other color projects and some will be culled.

John
old.gif

Hi John, glad to see you.
smile.png
Your group is looking good, are you going back both ways to improve your black and then your white??

For those that may not know, crossing black and white has been done for a very long time with poultry. I have not done it (yet) but I hear that putting a white into your blacks every so many generations helps keep the black a nice rich black and your whites nice bright white to keep the yellowing out. You breed back to black or white depending on what you are going for and just cull as needed.
wink.png

Thanks for sharing John.
thumbsup.gif

And I see Dun in John's split Orps. You can get Dun Orps too. And they would be 100% Orps from top quality EXHIBITION lines. Congrats John with a great starter flock!

Quote:
Well (kicken the dirt) Ah shucks Bill thanks!
big_smile.png
As you already know these are just a few of my flock..
roll.png
and boy does the feed bill show it.
It is hard to believe that none are much more than 6 months old. The oldest being my BO's which are really looking nice and just starting to lay eggs
celebrate.gif
My Buff Orpington’s came from Bob Coulter, through a lady in CA, by purchasing hatching eggs. Bob is\\was from Minnesota. Bob had this line since 1972, getting them from a former partner and friend, Rolla Henry of Mercer, MO. Rolla got his direct from Dr. Lewis Clevenger, Princeton, MO. This line goes back more than 60 years. Darn near as old as I am. Its a wonder they don't come with
canes
old.gif
gig.gif

HenThymes wrote:

Hi John, glad to see you. Your group is looking good, are you going back both ways to improve your black and then your white??

Hi Tricia
smile.png
Nice to see you also..thanks for the complement
smile.png
In time I will do both.

Just too muddy the color issue futher (ok so I like to stir the pot a bit)
sickbyc.gif
I have a pen with a Lemon Cuckoo Roo, Lemon Cuckoo pullet, two White pullets and two Blue pullets. I also have a huge Splash Roo that I will be takeing a Buff hen to, just to see what comes of it. All will
be 100% Orp's,
smile.png
culling will be heavy for sure.
sad.png

John
old.gif

Quote:
big_smile.png
roll.png
It is hard to believe that none are much more than 6 months old. The oldest being my BO's which are really looking nice and just starting to lay eggs
celebrate.gif
My Buff Orpington’s came from Bob Coulter, through a lady in CA, by purchasing hatching eggs. Bob is\\was from Minnesota. Bob had this line since 1972, getting them from a former partner and friend, Rolla Henry of Mercer, MO. Rolla got his direct from Dr. Lewis Clevenger, Princeton, MO. This line goes back more than 60 years. Darn near as old as I am. Its a wonder they don't come with
canes
old.gif
gig.gif

John
old.gif

Oh yeah I remember her selling some eggs in the beginning of the year. Bob is the best! I wish he would get back into Orps.

Quote:
big_smile.png
roll.png
celebrate.gif
canes
old.gif
gig.gif

HenThymes wrote:

Hi John, glad to see you. Your group is looking good, are you going back both ways to improve your black and then your white??

Hi Tricia
smile.png
smile.png
In time I will do both.

sickbyc.gif
I have a pen with a Lemon Cuckoo Roo, Lemon Cuckoo pullet, two White pullets and two Blue pullets. I also have a huge Splash Roo that I will be takeing a Buff hen to, just to see what comes of it. All will
be 100% Orp's,
smile.png
sad.png

John
old.gif

I love to dabble with my orps too but yes the feed bill can be a killer
barnie.gif
, that's why I do it with bantam orps instead, less space and better on the feed bill.
wink.png

Quote:
big_smile.png
roll.png
celebrate.gif
canes
old.gif
gig.gif

HenThymes wrote:

Hi Tricia
smile.png
smile.png
In time I will do both.

sickbyc.gif
be 100% Orp's,
smile.png
sad.png

John
old.gif

barnie.gif
, that's why I do it with bantam orps instead, less space and better on the feed bill.
wink.png

Wonder if there will ever be a MINI Orp!?!?
lau.gif
Maybe half the size of a bantam,
gig.gif
Call it a Pocket Orp
ep.gif
Sounds like something I would go for.
smile.png

John
old.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
barnie.gif
wink.png

Wonder if there will ever be a MINI Orp!?!?
lau.gif
Maybe half the size of a bantam,
gig.gif
Call it a Pocket Orp
ep.gif
Sounds like something I would go for.
smile.png

John
old.gif

I do have a few from my projects that are pretty small. Don't tempt me - you may be into bantam orps before you know it!!
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom