Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

I don't believe I've posted on here before, but was taking some pics of my babies this morn..

Oh, and Dragonlady, thank you for the reminder, Broody Hens are INVALUABLE. DS just this morning was talking about culling some non-layers..I had to remind him that some of those girls are just the best broodys ever!

Love that girl's face! She has a very sweet expression. I always marvel though how those sweet faces can change to fierce when an Orp is broody with eggs or chicks!

Don, I have a scar on my leg from a rooster attack when I was eight. Hospital visit and everything. This flock is my first experience since that nightmare. It was a bit nerve wracking when I was in the boy's pen when there were 9 of them. But, the most they ever did was peck each other to be the one to sit in my lap! It's a funny sight to see Mad Max in my lap.

It's a wonder that you would be interested in chickens after that kind of experience Dee..some people never look back.some people who fell off a pony when they were little never want to see a horse again...that's what is so nice abOut The orpingtons..they are sweet peas..I have one Australorp cockeral that's going..you have to be dressed like a gladiator complete with garbage can lid shield to go in there For any reason..there is a family that likes them for the meat, so they will be picking him up soon..he's bloodied me and the npip. Inspector..and he doesn't settle down Either. And he growls when he comes after you..first one I have ever had like that.

Last edited:
I don't believe I've posted on here before, but was taking some pics of my babies this morn..

Oh, and Dragonlady, thank you for the reminder, Broody Hens are INVALUABLE. DS just this morning was talking about culling some non-layers..I had to remind him that some of those girls are just the best broodys ever!

What a sweet face and the cockerel is so handsome! Very nice.

What a sweet face and the cockerel is so handsome! Very nice.

x2
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom