Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

see how they are hovering by the gate? . they are saying ..let us out to the orchard please!
lol.png

sweet birds..cant wait to get the shingles on the other side done and the plastic off..that used to be a front porch entry..husband and freinds bring things like that home if they think it can be rehabed into a chicken hut..amazing what people make coops out of..love touring the BYC coop thread..some are pure clean function, some are just fun...one of the best I have seen are summer free range areas fenced with large old wine barrels rehabed into day coops that are predator proof at night...very cleaver...much smaller breed is housed in them thou..we did find a massive old wine barrel but thought how on earth are we going to get that home...

that is a stunning work of art!
wow..Vickie, that is some fine art you saved! I second the stunning work of art!
see how they are hovering by the gate? . they are saying ..let us out to the orchard please!
lol.png

sweet birds..cant wait to get the shingles on the other side done and the plastic off..that used to be a front porch entry..husband and freinds bring things like that home if they think it can be rehabed into a chicken hut..amazing what people make coops out of..love touring the BYC coop thread..some are pure clean function, some are just fun...one of the best I have seen are summer free range areas fenced with large old wine barrels rehabed into day coops that are predator proof at night...very cleaver...much smaller breed is housed in them thou..we did find a massive old wine barrel but thought how on earth are we going to get that home...
Really cute little house for the Orps. I love your door art work too. ..
I have all rehab coops too. Even the one we are presently working on made of brick is all rehabed old brick. All the windows and screens are also off of old houses.

wow..Vickie, that is some fine art you saved! I second the stunning work of art!
Really cute little house for the Orps. I love your door art work too. ..
I have all rehab coops too. Even the one we are presently working on made of brick is all rehabed old brick. All the windows and screens are also off of old houses.

I bet that is really cute too..I have a freind who had piles of pallets given to him..you should see the fantastic coops he built out of those free pallets..he carefully took them apart and designed some wonderful big huts..all he bought was nails, a peice of plywood or 2., paint and tar paper for roofs..Im giving them my left over shingles...they are all 6in off the ground in the interior to help keep them dry and warm in winter..now that they are painted they look custom made..he wants me to make some old postcard art for his too..but smaller...

Thank you lualshannon, I should say thank you Vickie..they are her project..I just love them..they dont care much about pictures being taken, they just want me to open that gate and let them out to the orchard....
just about finished with the buff hut..just the rest of the shingles on the left side and Im done..they have roosts on each side inside..just for something to do, I reproduced an old postcard excatly like it was on a cabinet panel that was scrap just to recycle it..and becuase everybody, even non chicken people want to see them and some peopel ask what kind of a chicken is that..now they know..

I dont know what it is, but every time the girls are laying eggs, they try to hide under the rooster..he politly stands for this..I dont know why they do this..as soon as the gg is laid..off they go..

The coop is just too, too cute!! It looks like the houses in story books. I like the painting on the door; you are so talented! It's so funny that they go under the rooster to lay their eggs. I was going to say, snuggle, but she is sitting right under him; so sweet!! Ohh, I am in love with Dragon Lady's
Sunshine Girls, and their golden color. I saw some buff Orps. here in Ca. and their colors are this dingy beige. They are very sweet birds but, never the less, really unattractive colors.
The rear end of the Orps always remind me of ballerina tutus.

Normal hens like to lay eggs in the nest box, Bella on the other hand prefers the floor right next to the nest box!:

Daisy:

Back
Top Bottom