Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Here are a few recent pics of some of mine. Please excuse the mud, took the pics before spreading some straw. :/

My big black split to lav girl.

Young lav cockerel, filling in pretty well

Tiny mauve

Chocolate cockerel

This black pullet is very small, and with my chocolates. She came from a choc split.

Last edited:
@WVduckchick
thumbsup.gif

Great looking birds.
Your choc & mauves look a lot like mine. Perhaps they're related, because mine are on the petite side as well.. (They came from a diff breeder than my giant lav orps. Next to them, almost any chicken looks small.)

Also, enjoy the mud. We've got 8" of snow & it's -4'F right now. It will warm up & dump more snow on Sat, then drop to -16'F on Sunday. (Of course it will feel much colder if we add in the wind chill.)

@WVduckchick

:thumbsup
Great looking birds.  
Your choc & mauves look a lot like mine. Perhaps they're related, because mine are on the petite side as well..  (They came from a diff breeder than my giant lav orps.  Next to them, almost any chicken looks small.)

Also, enjoy the mud.  We've got 8" of snow & it's -4'F right now.  It will warm up & dump more snow on Sat, then drop to -16'F on Sunday. (Of course it will feel much colder if we add in the wind chill.)

Thanks! My chocs came from minihorse927, thru here! The mauve is super small, the choc females are small too, the choc boys are a bit larger, and I have a black/choc male that is largest of all. Still no comparison to the huge lavs! How did the lavs get bred so large? My boys are turkey size! But gentle as can be. (I have read once about one that turned mean after a couple of years)

And goodness you are COLD! We are dropping tonight, tomorrow supposed to be the coldest, like down to 7 degrees. Below freezing for a couple days, before jumping back to the 50s.

Try and stay warm as ya can!!

This is a copyrighted photo of my Monty, an imported English Buff Orpington. This photo is being used by Wringneck Poultry, in Texas, without my permission. They do not have any Buffs from me, so do not be mislead.Buyer beware.

This is a copyrighted photo of my Monty, an imported English Buff Orpington. This photo is being used by Wringneck Poultry, in Texas, without my permission. They do not have any Buffs from me, so do not be mislead.Buyer beware.

Back
Top Bottom