Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Well they should produce rather easy with the leaky red.. I always liked the black breasted red on birds.. i did see some similar in some of the jubilee projects pens early on, but no pen space to deal with that at this time..

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes there is no worries of them being too line bred to reproduce themselves. And since the pullet is only 1/4 related they should have very diverse genetics. I am expecting a good year with them.

Well, we caught the mystery egg layer in the nest box this morning and it was the sussex. Oh well, I thought it was a little too early for my orp girl to have started yet. On the other hand, I did manage to get some pictures of the chickens playing in the straw pile the other day.

52978_1223044_2.jpg

This is probably the best one of my orp. Unfortunately, my camera isn't very good for catching chickens in motion.

This is Evy, a buff Orpington.
She was snatched by a bobcat/mountain lion earlier this week. She was about 3 years old.

Her face is kind of dirty in these pics.

91819_img_0033.jpg

91819_img_0030.jpg

91819_img_0031.jpg

91819_img_0032.jpg

I thought all men were suppose to be pigs.
Hugo seems to be the only clean Orp in his pen
007wkx.jpg

002ksu.jpg

Little Miss Piggy seems to be very content
003sg.jpg

I am suppose to take Darla to a Black to see what will pop out. One of my good friends is liking to get some of Darla's eggs if I do. For now she will be in with Hugo
She is a Buff Sport and seems to like the mud too!
004ba.jpg

I have 4 Buff cockerels that are still growing out. There up for adoption to anyone who wants to come by to get them. IF not they will become doggy food
006chq.jpg

This is the year of Boss Hogg. I am going to make sure he breeds all 4 of his ladies. 2 are from Bamma and one of those 2 is fantastic. She can be seen on FEATHERITE. She has the perfect tail that Boss needs to make some darn nice Black Orps.
BOSS HOGG
008luw.jpg

I'm not sure where to post this.......

color\\split or split\\color Which is correct?

I hatched eggs that were split\\color or color\\split and got several with one solid color.
and some with the two colors. Picking correct pairs I should get two solid colors of
each correct?

John
old.gif

Quote:
I know I made some 2 color birds because they had the Birchen gene in one of my Blacks. Depending on where you get your birds may explain why you have some birds with both colors.
Here is an example of an Orp mix with both colors but the Birchen gene restricts to where these colors are place.

008tkm.jpg

001qje.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom