Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Here are my two......boys?? They are 14 weeks old. Fred got his comb & waddle first, and had huge shanks, but Fiona just got bigger than him last week, her comb isn't as red as his though. How much longer until they crow? I haven't caught either of them trying yet. They are inbetween the peep and crow stage - kinda like a teenager. Fred is on the left, Fiona (Frank?) on the right.

Side view of Fred

Side view of Fiona

Here's one of mine around 12 weeks old and everyone seems to think it's a boy. I have four total orpingtons.

Hi everyone! Have been reading along through some of this thread and saw this picture...

a4408977_IMG_20120505_184333.jpeg

Havent got all the way through this thread (4-6 more pages!!!), but just thought I would take a moment and say I had a chick that looked a lot like this one. I got 6 Orp eggs and only the one hatched(dang USPS!). Anway, here is my chick.

When she hatched she looked similar to Whytedragons pic, a little fluffier on the head and not quite as much red on the head, but the same colors. My chick is an Isabel Orpington, I believe. I know little about chickens, just really liked the colors and have a couple BOs that I liked so figured "why not". I know nothing about chicken genetics, so I am not even sure if this would be possible from the genetic combos present for the little chick in the first pic.

With help from SUPER HIGH QUALITY BREEDERS like Harry, Allan, Julie Doug & maybe the best Black Orp breeder ever put on a lifetime ban on BYC, my first of my Whites are outside as of 20 mins ago.
I am MOSTLY hatching out the 4 Orp standards. And of the OTHER varieties just Cuckoos.
NICE start to hopefully a nice year of Orp babies.

We all know where this Buff beauty comes from.

Last edited:
Ok, so I have a question about my blue orp roo, he has red/gold leakage will he produce sexlinked offspring over a barred rock hen? I am assuming the red/gold leakage is a recessive gold gene. Am I right?

Back
Top Bottom