Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Of course I was a mere child then.....

lau.gif

Pretty sure its legit
El Paso Herald (El Paso, Tex.), Ed. 1, Saturday, January 8, 1910

http://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth136623/m1/17/

Google...is an amazing tool!

Schultzy
Yes, I would not have posted it if I didn;t think it was real. Too much fabrication in this hobby and I am not here DRUMMING to sell any birds. I sold 1 bird in two years and gave that person many others. I have given birds away this year already. Good people deserve a chance at this hobby. I have loaned out birds to members of the club I am in also. Even with the price of feed this is a hobby and not looking to have a "puppy farm" egg type operation.

Last edited:
Yes, I would not have posted it if I didn;t think it was real. Too much fabrication in this hobby and I am not here DRUMMING to sell any birds. I sold 1 bird in two years and gave that person many others. I have given birds away this year already. Good people deserve a chance at this hobby. I have loaned out birds to members of the club I am in also. Even with the price of feed this is a hobby and not looking to have a "puppy farm" egg type operation.
I wish there were more people out there like you Mr. Shaffer.
thumbsup.gif

I wish there were more people out there like you Mr. Shaffer.
thumbsup.gif
Jeremy,
You are a member of our club and I am sure you are aware there are many members that are as generous as myself and even more generous than me. Some of them gave you a great start as well. Not everyone out there is trying to get deep into your wallet.

You are right there with me. mine is inching up to 1.5 per day now that the young are getting bigger..it will be 100# a day in two months.

Walt
Since I only have 4 birds and I am still on the same #50 bag that I bought when I first got my birds as chicks, I can't image how many chickens you guys have to go though a bag a day.
bow.gif

Jeremy,
You are a member of our club and I am sure you are aware there are many members that are as generous as myself and even more generous than me. Some of them gave you a great start as well. Not everyone out there is trying to get deep into your wallet.

I have been lucky enough to meet and become friends with some wonderful people.
smile.png

Well I doubt any of you "old birds" were around then, My great gandpappy passed 3 years back and he was born in 1911... he never got onboard with the "on-line gig"... well that could have been because he resembled Uncle Scrooge and thought comps were a rip off. Anyhow... I still think that people arfe insane to spend that much money on a chicken. Of course thr animal market is always up and down. Arabian Horses were worth gold in the 70's all thier stock was tied to the oil market.... market crashed and burned... so did the price of the horse. My babies would be untouchable price wise is it ever compaered to that again.... but that hes value was the equivalent of those expensive horses in the 70's.... still insane...... did I make sense? I'm tired... lol
caf.gif

Baby chick is doing good, looks like he's being adopted... and I think it by his actual mother, will have a pic soon. She won't sit on him to keep him warn yet.... do adopters eventually do that? They are both in the chick ben with the light on, so he stays by the light and her away from it... I know thats probably not helping the her sitting on him thing... but I can't risk loosing him if she doesn't. I am new to this any suggestions? My 2 month old pullet is also friendly towards him, she hasn't pecked him yet.... then again she is the sweetest fluffiest thing I've ever met.

Back
Top Bottom