Post pics of your chicks thread!!!

Snuggle time, don't know if you can see it or not but the two Doms actually have their necks criss-crossed.

Three weeks old today. This is the only one where I can see the comb. If that normal? Or do I have roo paranoia?

Side view, color is starting to go more golden.

The larger comb is usually an indicator of a rooster. You'll just have to wait and see. Do you already have a rooster and not want a second one? I love my rooster, Red. He is such a good protector/manager of his gals. I could never live without a rooster and I don't think my gals could either. Precious chickies. What breed are they?

The larger comb is usually an indicator of a rooster. You'll just have to wait and see. Do you already have a rooster and not want a second one? I love my rooster, Red. He is such a good protector/manager of his gals. I could never live without a rooster and I don't think my gals could either. Precious chickies. What breed are they?
Thanks, that is what I was beginning to think. This one is a Buff Orpington, have six of them and they are maturing fast, but this is the first comb I have seen. I also have 6 Dominiques, 5 GL Wyandottes, and 5 Welsummers. I wouldn't mind having a Rooster in any of the breeds (Especially the Welsummer, I think they are beautiful) but promised my wife when we got chickens, no Roos!
idunno.gif

Thanks, that is what I was beginning to think. This one is a Buff Orpington, have six of them and they are maturing fast, but this is the first comb I have seen. I also have 6 Dominiques, 5 GL Wyandottes, and 5 Welsummers. I wouldn't mind having a Rooster in any of the breeds (Especially the Welsummer, I think they are beautiful) but promised my wife when we got chickens, no Roos!
idunno.gif

Well, maybe you can backtrack on your promise to your wife about a rooster. Check out other posts about the benefits of a rooster. They are protectors, they break up squabbles, they "rule the roost". I love hearing him crow all times throughout the day (and night sometimes) and watch him and his antics.

Good Advice, there are benefits to having roos, as long as not against local ord's.

Good advice "technically" we are in the county, but just across the street, so I think she is sensitive to those neighbors.

I looked again today and all combs are about the same. I guess I'm just anxious. Best just wait and see.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom