Post pics of your chicks thread!!!

Do you have all of your roosters in the same area? If so, how does that work out for you? I've tried to have more than one rooster and they fought too much for my peace of mind. didn't want one to get hurt so I had to deal with that.
I think the more roosters you have, the better chance you have of them not fighting. Back when I had 30+ hens, we also had 5 roosters and they almost never fought. Right now I only have 13 hens, and I can't have more than two roosters. My two boys fight like crazy! We are actually working on building a second coop for one of my roosters so he can have his own flock and my two boys won't be able to fight anymore. Some people have good luck with only two roosters, and others, not so much. I personally have always had better experience with 3+ roosters.

Here are two Blue Laced Red Wyandotte chicks, on their miniature roosting poles I made.... Just about to fall asleep, until some rude person with a camera and a flash in their face Shows up and crashed The party.....

Here are two Blue Laced Red Wyandotte chicks, on their miniature roosting poles I made.... Just about to fall asleep, until some rude person with a camera and a flash in their face Shows up and crashed The party.....

We have 2 rooster in this batch and in my flock of 48 I have two Roos... They were raised and grew up together so they don't fight at all..
Do you have all of your roosters in the same area? If so, how does that work out for you? I've tried to have more than one rooster and they fought too much for my peace of mind. didn't want one to get hurt so I had to deal with that.

We have 2 rooster in this batch and in my flock of 48 I have two Roos... They were raised and grew up together so they don't fight at all..

That's great. I have one rooster with 27 gals and will be getting new chicks soon (they shipped today) and will have one rooster with 27 gals there too. Of course, one of the 'gals' may turn out to be a rooster. That happened last time and I got rid of the second "extra" rooster and then the one I kept got aggressive and attacked me several times. So I "got rid" of him and then was roosterless for a while until I was able to get another rooster from a neighbor.

Back
Top Bottom