Post pics of your chicks thread!!!

Maybe your little 7.5 week old is a bantam?
I thought about that but couldn't see how that would be possible since all the eggs were the same size and came from the same flock (hens and roos) and shouldn't s/he have as many feathers as the others or ATLEAST tail feathers??? Really? - it seems quite content with its small stature and position in the family and it seems healthy - no problems - but I worry about it getting its feathers - it looks so funny!! I am also concerned that it will be trampled or picked on when I combine these with the rest of the flock - thoughts??

My 7.5 week olds have went from this:

to THIS......... (and can someone tell me why the little yellow chick in the top left is not growing like it's other hatchmates - so far it's tiny and only has wing feathers! It is suppose to be the same size as the others but seems to be stuck at this size - I have three week old's that are bigger and have more feathers - any ideas??? )

You'll have to watch her so that she gets food and water; the big siblings may not let her eat and drink as much as she may need. That may be the problem now too or she just may be a "little chicken".

Sofia wanted to be a pirate

Patricia

Gertrude

Bellatrix

Our 5 1/2 week Dominiques. They are our first. Do they look good? We lost two girls to cocci and treated with corid and I just started again because Bellatrix was fluffing and I'm paranoid.

My 7.5 week olds have went from this: to THIS......... (and can someone tell me why the little yellow chick in the top left is not growing like it's other hatchmates - so far it's tiny and only has wing feathers! It is suppose to be the same size as the others but seems to be stuck at this size - I have three week old's that are bigger and have more feathers - any ideas??? ) we had 8 babies and one didn't grow or grow ANY feathers but now she may be the smallest but she is IN CHARGE! And here are the Muscovies (8 weeks) that were brooded with this bunch...... Fluffy (the hen that raised this brood) - has started laying again. BUT her sister Muffin went broody on May 15th ............... Then there are the 3 week olds - 12 Hatched April 26th (they loved the sunny spot on the porch and wouldn't let me get individual pics).......... And now THE 16 NEWBIES (as of yesterday!) Just LOVE the way they sleep! Light Brahma (hen) X Dominique (roo) Dominique ......... .......... they didn't like standing still. Blue Splash Ameraucana Ameraucana (hen) X Dominique (roo) Buff Orpington (hen) X Dominique (roo) - this one wouldn't stop chasing it's toes for the pic ... too cute!! LOL

Last edited:
What is cocci? I have a 4 wk Ameracauna that sleep standing a lot and is kinda fluffy all the time. I lost one of my hatchery chicks that was doing that. I am so worried about this beautiful lavender ameracauna. I have them on medicated feed, and add apple cider vinegar to the water as well as electro lights and some probiotic. I am hoping I do not lose her. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom