Post pics of your chicks thread!!!

My Light Brahma hen got too thin and nearly died while brooding. She hatched out a bunch of eggs, but abandoned the nest the next morning and most of the chicks died. This is one of two that survived. It's been a few weeks now and I'm thrilled that both the chicks and Momma hen are all doing great! She's back on top of her game and is a great Mom to the two remaining chicks.

I named my 3 month old Easter Egger “rooster” Hawkeye cuz he looked like a hawk. He has the bigger comb than the other “female” Easter Egger, who I named Hot Lips. Hot Lips has the tufts around the ears and Hawkeye doesn’t. Hawkeye started crowing yesterday and it is always so funny to hear them first crowing. Bless their hearts, they try but sound so funny! I thought, I want to see Hawkeye crow, I’ve just been hearing him when I wasn’t looking at him. Well, Hawkeye is a gal I guess and Hotlips is the rooster! Now what do I do about names! J Keep them the same and have chickens with gender identity issues? Like poor ‘ole Sophie who is a boy? (my bunny). I hope they’re both not roosters!

I think Hotlips is a rooster too! They both look like roosters to me! The one that died 2 days old must have been a hen. Figures. Not 100% sure but I'd lay money they're both roosters. Sigh. There goes my blue/green eggs for this batch.

. This is Sweet Pea, she got her name for obvious reasons

. This is Sweet Pea, she got her name for obvious reasons

Cute chicky

Here's Pretty Boy, 14 wk SLW cockerel im going to use for breeding to my GLW and SLW hens. Also some of my 8 wk old cochins, their suppose to be full size but im not sure they look awfully small. If anyone knows if they look the right size chime in please.

Mainly Chicken, what are the breeds of your chickens? Guessing, it looks like Frenchie is a Isbar, Sandra an Australorp and Rizzo a Blue Cochin, yes?

Back
Top Bottom