Post Pics of your EE's

My three EE pullets at about 5 months.

79408_peaches01.jpg
79408_dina01.jpg
79408_blue01.jpg

EE cockerels, 3-4 months. Rehomed both not long after this pic (too many roos), have wished ever since that I had kept them longer to see how they matured, I'm sure they would have been beautiful!

79408_ee_roos.jpg

ETA more recent pullet pics

Last edited:
This lady up front is Pigpen, my brown EE hen. She loves scratching in the mud after a good rain!
photo-7.jpg

This lady was Liberty... Named her so because she was red, white, and blue. She died on the nest back in March while the daughter and I were out of the country on vacation. Was one of my favorites.
DSCF1673.jpg

Close up of our beautiful Liberty
DSCF1657.jpg

Here are my EE's (14Months now, pictures were taken at about the year mark). Shania passed a few weeks ago but the other two are still strutting their stuff. I'd get updated pictures but they're both molting. Poor Sunny, she's finally getting her feathers back but she was bare across the shoulders for a while, still has no tail feathers and is thin everywhere else. It looked like a pillow exploded in the run!
lol.png
She's getting in a nice moth-wing brown in her new shoulder feathers too. I'll have to take a picture when she's done.
smile.png
It's funny, she started out life a pure yellow/white puff and is slowly getting more brown as she ages.

From left to right; Scrambles, Sunny & Shania.
61589_the_three_amigos.jpg

How can you tell the pullets from the cockerels for EEs? Some of the ones people have posted as cockerels look like pullets to me. I'm a first time chicken owner... I have 3 EEs, supposed to be females. I don't know if I would know if they weren't! They are about 9 weeks old now.

Quote:
It is all in the tail!! Males will have pointed and longer top tail feathers (saddle.) Females tail feathers are rounded and not as full. If you look at my 2 cockerels will can see what I'm taking about.

Last edited:
Hmmm... I think I see what you mean, but I'm not sure. Sorry for the basic question... how do I upload pictures? I'll post some pictures of mine to see what you think...

Back
Top Bottom