Post pics of your favorite deceased or alive chickens

Awwww I am so sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif
She sounds like she was a great mom and she still is.

Last edited:
42388_2009_08238-230071.jpg

This is Flower. She's a Mille Fleur D'uccle (bearded).
She's so beautiful & sweet. Her feathers are so thick around her bottom & legs. It's like she's wearing baggy feathered sweats.

Last edited:
42388_prissy_7-18-09_16.jpg

Pure white silkie. My little bundle of puffiness.

~sigh~ Miss. Prissy. She's so lovely & sweet. How do I love thee, Miss. Prissy!! This was our very first hen. She's 8 months old now. In this photo she was 5 1/2 months old. If you look closely you can see a metal splint. Yes, she broke her tiny leg. It healed & splint was removed at 4 weeks. She had no problems as she stayed in my bedroom (right beside my bed on a table) in a large pet carrier. Yes, I slept with a chicken at my bedside. She's my little puffball of joy & sweetness.

Last edited:
Boo....my Boo
sad.png

I miss my girl!!! Best head hen I ever had...this is one of the few pics I have of her...she was just a little Barred Rock pullet in this pic, about 12-13 weeks old and was her first day in the coop we just finished building. She was an amazing girlie
smile.png
LOUDEST hen I have ever heard too omg she was noisy lol but she was a lovebug
smile.png

She gave her life to defend her sisters against that dang coon. We heard her squawk her GET INSIDE bawk...and we ran to the window just in time to see her attack the coon that was trying to get in the run. This was at 9 am too
sad.png
By the time we had gotten out there tho, only a few moments later the coon had killed her and was in the process of settling down for breakfast.

Boo was 3 years old...and a wonderful egglayer, and a sweetheart girl. I still tear up thinking bout my baby chickie...but she went out I think how she would have wanted...protecting her sisters and giving that coon a right good walloping. That coon had a huge gash on its face too where she was giving as good as she got...so she definitely got her own in. I still regret deeply not being able to make it outside faster to maybe have saved her... We buried her under the lilac tree, and when it blooms I think of her
sad.png

13352_dcp01546.jpg

Somewhere on the other side, Miss Loudmouth I know I'll see you again
smile.png
and you will probably jump on my shoulder and preen my hair like you did in life, and snuggle down on my shoulder like the overgrown parrot you thought you were.

7205_sweetpea.jpg

This was Sweet Pea, my only surviving egg of Silverlaced Dorking Banatms. She lived until shortly after laying, when she came down with an unknown illness the vet could not diagnose. She was the sweetest, friendliest and funniest little chicken I ever knew. She would hop and jump across our floor and play with the others. She would jump up on the couch and lay with me. i miss my sweet girl.....

The rooster in my display picture. I miss him very much, and he was one of my favorite chickens! I helped him hatch out of his egg, and saved him from a chicken hawk that grabbed him right in front of me and dropped him onto the ground from four feet. He was about three months when the chicken hawk grabbed him. He was a beautiful rooster, and ended up passing away due to severe mites. Rest in Peace Clucky.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom